really frustrated and unhappy with weight loss

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I found out why the sudden increase in weight when it should have gone back down, my monthlies came back again last week only 2 weeks after the last one, my next ones are due next week beginning of august so I don't know whether they will stil come or not as I had one 2 weeks after the last.

I don't know if its cos of the dieting or the peri menopause coming early (I'm 43)

I was trying to reduce the exercise to get the water off so could get weight down to 9st 3 to finish wii fit, but it's not working and not helping that I got another monthlies 2 weeks after the last one!.

I tried to go on passive trainer pedals last night and it wouldn't work, hoping its just the fuse that needs changing but its a funny plug cos its a US style 2 pin one plugged into an adapter..which I didn't realise when I bought it. I assumed as I was buying it in the UK it would have a UK plug!

I'll have a look on ebay for another and ask them first if it has a UK plug.

I think I'll have to get back to the pilates to relieve the back pain and just accept I'm not gonna get under 9st 7 without starving! I've been on slim fast and salads all week and it's made no difference other than I've got no energy and feel constantly exhausted. My muscle spasms have increased again as I hadn't exercising for 2 weeks trying to get the water weight off and get weight down to 9st 3. I'm having to spend 12-14hours a night flat on my back to reduce the pain so I can sit for at least an hour a time during the day to take my dog out in chair or sit to type or cook etc (I'm wheelchair user so have to do everything from sitting) and its incredibly painful at the minute. I'm having to go lie back down again on hot water bottles after an maximum of an hour sitting. I feel like I've gone back several stages to how I was before i started the Forced exercise routine.

I'm scared of exercising to regain the weight as I won't know now whether weight increase is from water from exercise, building muscle or monthlies coming back every 2 weeks instead of once a month! so getting frustrated with it all at the minute!

I had to return NHS powerchair with reclining back and seat riser as it had an electrical fault and left me stranded 3 times cos of its weight no-one can push me easily to help me get back home so I was having panic attacks when I had to go out anywhere so things are not going well at the minute.

I had got to stage I could sit in manual chair for long enough to manage trips out and was hoping to get power assist wheels to use some of the time so chair is at least lighter if batteries did go in town but currently now back to not been able to sit longer than an hour without pain so unable to go anywhere that means I wouldn't be back home before an hour to lie back down before the muscle spasms kick back in.

I think I'm going to have to give up on the goal of reaching 9st 3 and accept 9st 7 is the best I'm going to get to at this age and level of disability.

I was watching a program a few nights back called 'why thin people aren't fat' or something and they were talking about the theory that our body has a weight that it feels is our natural weight that it will always try and maintain and I was around 9st 7 most of my adult life before my thyroid and mobility problems got me up 16st originally (in 2002).

I suppose I should be thankful I got back to 9st 7 considering and just give up on getting lower and try and maintain?

I know I need to get back to the exercise routine to get my mobility back to where I'd got to and reduce the back spasms again but I'm scared of putting the weight back on and seeing 10st or more again on the scales! I'd been hoping I could get to 9st once I got to 9st 3. :sad:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should be thankful I got back to 9st 7 considering and just give up on getting lower and try and maintain?
    If you're comfortable at that weight this sounds like a good plan.
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    behind_blue_eyes_83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    9st 7lbs from 16st is an AMAZING weight loss, for anyone without mobility problems, let alone with! I don't know how tall you are, but I'm coming from a similar starting point and will be delighted with 10st. I know it's hard when you get obsessed about a particular number, but just think how much healthier you are without the extra weight. Your body doesn't care about 4lbs after the relief of the extra six stone! Your hormonal fluctuations/water weight etc is obvious not real fat loss or gain, so all it impacts is that meaningless number on the scale. Focus on your amazing achievement instead!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'm only 5ft 3 and half so 16st was overweight! 9st7 was in the middle of my healthy weight.. Wii fit said 9st 3 and once I'd got to 9st 7 after not believing it possible I wanted to get the last few pounds off to finish the game, but my old Wii is playing up anyway. I'd got a new black one with black balance board but new board won't synch with old Wii and didn't have any luck transferring data to new one so had been trying to get last weigh in on old one before starting the games again on the new Wii.

I can't remember how to put pics on but I did put pics on once in Success Stories and when I look back at old photo's I can see how much weight i have lost I was size 22 and now in skinny 14's and 12-14's if they are a bit more generous.

My main problem area is still my abdomen is widest area and trousers these days seem to fasten just on or above the hip rather than (what I thought was) my natural waist the slimmest part of your middle which I have got down to 30" (from 38") but around abdomen is 34" so have to get 34" waist and wear a belt if trousers do come higher up.

I was hoping tummy would be flat by now as everywhere else is noticeably thinner. I think I look older around neck in particular, my collarbones are visible, can see outline of ribs under bust and bust has shrunk from 40" to 34 " but yet my tummy hasn't shrunk as much. (gone from 48 " to 34" around widest part of abdomen)

I don't know if it's cos I'm in wheelchair all day and those muscles aren't getting used the same way daily from standing up/sitting down frequently? I know 'quad belly' is common among long term wheelchair users after get past 5yr point. (I've been in one 7yrs full time) and Hypothyroidism (which also have) can cause a 'doughy abdomen'.

I still see a fat tummy when I look at it even though when I look back at older photo's I can see how much I have lost. At the minute I'm battling with trying to increase exercise to improve muscle which I know takes less space than fat even though I may weigh heavier, but I know i need to increase my metabolism somehow as I seem to have stalled!