Whats Wrong

Options
Hi my partner has started to exercise and look at what she is eating we both eat pretty much the same foods although the portions are slightly different and she is now doing 400% more exercise than before but for the last 3 weeks no change on scales and she is getting a bit put off by doing all the hard graft and no difference. I have seen a difference in her as her body is changing but she does not see it like that, is there any way that I can get her to see this or to kick start the weight loss??? because just to get her to exercise is a major break through

Replies

• hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Good on you for trying to support her and keep her motivated.

Will she let you take a photo every week in the same clothes, same place so she can see how much she has lost? Or do her measurements weekly?

Good Luck :)
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There are a few reasons she might not be seeing a loss on the scales. A loss in inches is great progress though. Get her to to measurements, I'm sure she'll see the numbers go down there!

A reason why she might not be seeing a loss (or even seeing a gain) on the scales is that if you start a new exercise program you are likely to use muscles in a way you weren't using them before. You get sore muscles. To repair and protect those muscles the body retains water:
    https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=709
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Cheers I think I will have to try that and see if that helps if not ill just get a cattle prod to keep her exercising