Blowing it on your weekend?

Options
That's me!

My actual work weekend is Monday to Wed.,which is not consistent with any of my friends.
Anyway, I have had trouble with maintaining my suggested calories at prime beer and food consuming times. I bike out my daily MFP recommended calories ever day, but hate exercising in any other noticeable excess. I know that means less beers , and probably more sit ups, but does anyone else have any words of encouragement or cute cat videos that might drive me to a six pack on my tummy?
Good tasting low cal beers? Awesome cat exercises?

Replies

• behind_blue_eyes_83
    behind_blue_eyes_83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've recently realised the reason for my plateau is that I'm cancelling out my weekly deficit at weekends. This past week I've been using a weekly cals spreadsheet that some kind person posted on an MFP thread and it's helping me see the bigger picture. I think I'll be under both days this weekend! I don't drink beer but I do sympathise with the social drink/food thing. My plan next time I go out is - build up a good daily deficit with a hard workout in the morning and drink slimline G&Ts and alternate with water. (I'm a dog person, so can't help with the cat thing...)
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm not a beer drinker, but I like to do a vodka-soda with a lime twist when I go out. I switch out every drink with water, and after 2 alcoholic drinks I just get sparkling water with lime. It keeps a drink in my hand so I feel social, I get appropriately buzzed, and I don't feel icky at the end of the night. For me, less alcohol also means I keep my wits about me so I'm less likely to overeat. Hope this helps!