Spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni

Options
CassieReannan
CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
An amazing dish for when you are craving pasta! Lots of protein and packed full of taste.

INGREDIENTS

3/4 can of condensed salt reduced tomato soup
1 cup of low fat cottage cheese + table spoon extra for on top
2 - 3 cups of fresh spinach (frozen spinach is also fine)
Cannelloni tubes (7- 8 tubes are considered two serves for San Remo instant cannelloni)
1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese
2 table spoons of parmesan cheese
1 small brown onion
1 table spoon of crushed garlic
Spray and cook oil

SERVES

I made this recipe with one serve for a main meal. But this can be divided into two serves (4 tubes each).
MACROS if divided into 2 serves: 400 calories, 43 carbs, 16 fat, 27 protein, 673 sodium, 10 sugar.

RECIPE

1. Boil the spinach for about 2 -3 minutes until wilted. Drain and cool, dice finely. Dice up the brown onion.
2. Combine half of the brown onion, garlic and 2 - 3 sprays of oil in a pot on high. When the onions brown up, add the tomato soup and let simmer.
3. Combine the cottage cheese, spinach and the rest of the onion into a bowl and mix.
4. Carefully spoon the mixture into each cannelloni tube (this can be quite messy) making sure not to over fill. Spray a oven proof dish (I found a cake tin fine to cook them in) generously with oil. Lay the tubes down side by side. Its fine if you have extra room in the dish.
5. Pour the tomato mixture over the tubes evenly. Spoon extra cottage cheese on top. Add the shredded cheese and the parmesan. Cook in a 180 degrees celsius oven for 40 minutes or when the tubes are soft to touch.

2ytpclw.png

Replies

• cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome. I will try this
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Thanks, enjoy it! I made this recipe up myself.
  • laurajethan
    laurajethan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Definately going to make this
  • GetBackSuzy
    GetBackSuzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely. I will have to make this too. Thanks.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    An amazing dish for when you are craving pasta! Lots of protein and packed full of taste.

INGREDIENTS

3/4 can of condensed salt reduced tomato soup
    1 cup of low fat cottage cheese + table spoon extra for on top
    2 - 3 cups of fresh spinach (frozen spinach is also fine)
    Cannelloni tubes (7- 8 tubes are considered two serves for San Remo instant cannelloni)
    1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese
    2 table spoons of parmesan cheese
    1 small brown onion
    1 table spoon of crushed garlic
    Spray and cook oil

SERVES

I made this recipe with one serve for a main meal. But this can be divided into two serves (4 tubes each).
    MACROS if divided into 2 serves: 400 calories, 43 carbs, 16 fat, 27 protein, 673 sodium, 10 sugar.

RECIPE

1. Boil the spinach for about 2 -3 minutes until wilted. Drain and cool, dice finely. Dice up the brown onion.
    2. Combine half of the brown onion, garlic and 2 - 3 sprays of oil in a pot on high. When the onions brown up, add the tomato soup and let simmer.
    3. Combine the cottage cheese, spinach and the rest of the onion into a bowl and mix.
    4. Carefully spoon the mixture into each cannelloni tube (this can be quite messy) making sure not to over fill. Spray a oven proof dish (I found a cake tin fine to cook them in) generously with oil. Lay the tubes down side by side. Its fine if you have extra room in the dish.
    5. Pour the tomato mixture over the tubes evenly. Spoon extra cottage cheese on top. Add the shredded cheese and the parmesan. Cook in a 180 degrees celsius oven for 40 minutes or when the tubes are soft to touch.

2ytpclw.png
    This looks so Delicious!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OH MY! This looks good! I haven't had Italian anything since 2011 because I wasn't sure how to incorporate it into healthy eating, but this will work! I'm going to try it, thanks for sharing!
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    Sounds and looks good! I'm going to keep this in mind. I have a bunch of tomato sauce that I made from some farmers market tomatoes in the freezer, so I may use some for this.

Here's a hint for filling the tubes: Pastry bag. I've used them for making stuffed shells, and it makes it so much easier to do.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yum! This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing, I will be trying these for dinner tonight! :love:
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this
    X
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    No worries guys! Enjoy :wink: