Breakfast help!

Options

Replies

• corriewarren
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be just breakfast foods. If you enjoy something that is healthy and high protein - eat it...regardless of the time of day. I often have 3 deli slices of roast beef and a small piece of cheese for breakfast and maybe scrambled eggs for dinner. Also, a hard boiled egg for a snack. Mix it up and live a little :happy:
  • infromsea
    infromsea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast ever.

1 myoplex low carb (4 to a package, they are square). I like the chocolate fudge.

1 banana

2 spoons of Jiff natural creamy peanut butter

Ice

Put everything in a blender, blend well.

Enjoy.

It has everything, lots of volume to fill you up, protein for workout recovery (I workout early in the AM) and good fats (peanut butter) to keep you from getting hungry 12 minutes later.

Try it and I bet you'll like it, it's great for knocking out a milk shake craving but it doesn't have a ton of sugars (fructose but I don't count that) and it's just darn tasty.

In addition, a six inch whole wheat with egg whites, ham, green pepper and onions from subway goes down real nice and keeps me full, try making something similar at home.

Good luck!
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My go-to has been a whole wheat English muffin with laughing cow light swiss cheese. It spreads on like cream cheese, very good! You could add more protein like an egg white, but it does have a good amount. I'm a vegetarian and it works well for me!

I do something like this too! One side laughing cow, the other hummus. Egg white and a slice of tomato. One of my favorite breakfast things ever!
  • camoore93
    camoore93 Posts: 3
    Options
    I mix 1 package of sugar free instant oatmeal with 6 oz. of plain fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup almond milk, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and refrigerate overnight. The oats absorb the liquid and soften, and there's no preparation needed in the morning. High protein, low sugar, and around 210 calories.

Occasionally I'll make a smoothie with plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ice and stevia for ~140 calories
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    4 eggs

1) blend in a magic bullet/food processor
    2) make pancakes
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT

it's like, 600 calories, a **** of a lot of protein, almost no carbs, and you can still scramble an egg or have a couple sausage links and still stay in your desired range. they also refrigerate well if you want to make a double batch and eat for a few days.

good luck:)
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    The sugar thing is my dilemma too, I don't want to stop having milk and cereal ,so I've found this to be helpful ,cut your cereal in half ,cut your milk in half ,I use 1% lowfat (110 calories 1 cup) 1/2 =55 calories ,hopefully you use a cereal with at least 3grms of fiber or more ,cut the cereal in half ,and watch the sugar content in your orange juice ,and fruits,try trop50 orange juice (reduced sugar ) if not cut your orange juice in half also ,hope that helps.smile:
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    The sugar thing is my dilemma too, I don't want to stop having milk and cereal ,so I've found this to be helpful ,cut your cereal in half ,cut your milk in half ,I use 1% lowfat (110 calories 1 cup) 1/2 =55 calories ,hopefully you use a cereal with at least 3grms of fiber or more ,cut the cereal in half ,and watch the sugar content in your orange juice ,and fruits,try trop50 orange juice (reduced sugar ) if not cut your orange juice in half also ,hope that helps.smile:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Milk sugar is so very different from processed ( table ) sugar or any derivative of it. Your body metabolizes it differently. Same as fruit sugars. MFP is the only weight loss site I have ever seen that even registers sugar. As long as you're watching your food intake in general. Read food labels. I'd say go for it. I changed my settings so sugar doesn't show. I question a few of MFP's nutritional analyses. I'm not an expert but I am university educated in the field of Fitness and Nutrition.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Any 8th grader that paid even a little attention in biology knows this is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Perhaps you attended school during a time when we didnt have the knowledge and information we do today. I am also a fitness professional, and am stunned by this statement. It is scary-wrong and i would recommend until you brush up on your science to stay off the boards to protect these innocent members looking for help.
    Lactose is a Disaccharide (sugar) that is found in milk. Its made from galactose and glucose. Lactase (enzyme) metabolizes lactose quickly allowing the glucose to elevate blood sugar levels resulting in an insulin spike if enough is present

This information is NON-DEBATABLE

FACE PALM!!!! :explode: :mad:

Milk sugar is so very different from processed ( table ) sugar or any derivative of it. Your body metabolizes it differently. Same as fruit sugars. MFP is the only weight loss site I have ever seen that even registers sugar. As long as you're watching your food intake in general. Read food labels. I'd say go for it. I changed my settings so sugar doesn't show. I question a few of MFP's nutritional analyses. I'm not an expert but I am university educated in the field of Fitness and Nutrition.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I make egg white omelette or egg white scramble almost daily. It's so good, I don't add milk cuz I'm lactose sensitive, I add turkey sausage or bacon, sometimes chicken, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. And sometimes I add jalapenos or avocado. I literally Eat this almost every day and it's low calorie, usually 180-500 depending on how much I use.
  • sbduvall
    sbduvall Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Coconut water is AWESOME for smoothies with out the sugar and fat and it is low cal. I make blueberry and spinich, or whatever fruit you want and some low sugar protein powder. Some days I just have a fruit smoothie and a hard boil egg.

Crustless quiche
    Avacado, egg and bacon (like egg salad but use the avacado like mayo) add tomatoes if you like.
    Dinner for breakfast (you don't have to have just breakfast foods)

Paleo Pancakes (check out paleomg.com) she has a ton of non dairy, gluten free recipes.

Hope that helps.
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    4 eggs

1) blend in a magic bullet/food processor
    2) make pancakes
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT

I follow the recipe part. Up until the next part......huh? Anyways, Cottage cheese is not really my thing. I would have the squirts for about a month. A lot of people on here are suggesting eggs mixed with something. Great recipes, a lot of different directions. I will definitely try some. BTW---does the Rocky Balboa method work? I have always wanted to try that!
  • mbeltran2440
    Options
    QUICHE!!! filling and so many delicious varieties under 300 per serving...
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I follow the recipe part. Up until the next part......huh? Anyways, Cottage cheese is not really my thing. I would have the squirts for about a month. A lot of people on here are suggesting eggs mixed with something. Great recipes, a lot of different directions. I will definitely try some. BTW---does the Rocky Balboa method work? I have always wanted to try that!

I've tried this once on a dare... I threw up :/ lol weak gag reflexes
  • j_wilson2012
    Options

I should also mention that I am over 215 lbs.....Cutting things in half is very hard to do at my weight, as it takes a lot of energy to power my body, and to satisfy my appetite. I want to find something that I dont really have to cut down on quantity as much , but still be eating healthy. As suggested, I could eat the same amount of Oatmeal, but not be eating the same amount of sugar, nor the calories. If there was a miracle food that I could eat all the time, and love it all the time, and it would give me only the things I need, that would be ideal! :laugh:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    On a good day - a cheerios type cereal with 1/2 cup milk, OJ & coffee. Sometimes I will add two slices of toast - sourdough is my favorite. On a bad day, I will make bacon & eggs.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Steak and steamed veg
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Any 8th grader that paid even a little attention in biology knows this is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Perhaps you attended school during a time when we didnt have the knowledge and information we do today. I am also a fitness professional, and am stunned by this statement. It is scary-wrong and i would recommend until you brush up on your science to stay off the boards to protect these innocent members looking for help.
    Lactose is a Disaccharide (sugar) that is found in milk. Its made from galactose and glucose. Lactase (enzyme) metabolizes lactose quickly allowing the glucose to elevate blood sugar levels resulting in an insulin spike if enough is present

This information is NON-DEBATABLE

FACE PALM!!!! :explode: :mad:

You just spoke chinese to the uneducated gringo. What does that mean to me? I am not a diabetic
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    J.
    That comment was to Grama and the misinformation about sugar.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    And last reply for now.....sorry I am curious about breakfast, and thank you for all of your responses!.......what is Quiche?