Maintaining, does anyone else find this part the hardest?

Options
HI, I'm suppose to be in maintance mode but I feel like I've brainwashed myself into a "I can't eat without exercising everyday" kinda world now. I really feel that way, therefore I am still slowly loosing and I really don't need to be. I started two years ago as of August 1st @ 210 lbs. I am now down to 100 pounds and I still run everyday plus do around 25 minutes of sit ups, push ups and crunches everyday. I very rarely give myself a "rest day" although I've read several times on here your body need time to heal from exercise, I just can't do it. I feel like the bigger calorie burn I have everyday, the better off I am and I never eat back all my calories. I like to have a a nice calorie cushion so to speak left at the end of the day. So, can I go a day without exercise once a week and does anybody else do this or feel this way or is it only me? Maybe I am "brainwashed" into this mentality...:indifferent:

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You've made an amazing accomplishment.

Do you enjoy your exercise? It's certainly good for you - weight or not. Maybe a goal is to make your exercise into something you enjoy rather than something you do because you need to.

It does sound like maybe you should make an effort to not hold that calorie cushion. Might you try on days you have something to eat you enjoy or that you want to eat that you eat a bit over your calories, making sure you stick to your calories over the week. Again, the idea is to stick to your weekly calorie goals, but put the enjoyment back into it.

In other words, make food and exercise something fun and playful again instead of work or something to fear. Relax a little.

You've worked hard. Now you need to learn to relax again.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks nxd 10, I totally agree that I need to learn to relax again. I feel guilty just thinking about not working out just one day. I do enjoy running outside, not so much inside on a machine, but on days when the weather does'nt cooperate I must run inside.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have 4.5 pounds before I go into maintenance mode. I am scared I will not be able to maintain like most people. You sound like you are doing great and committed to exercise.