Motivation Slump! Ideas?

Options
My motivation is lacking. I am so tired after working all day I can't motivate myself to exercise. I'm still losing weight but slowly, which I really don't have a time line just as long as I lose. But, how can I motivate myself more???

Replies

• ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I have been asking myself the same thing. What helps me is to reach out to people that can help motivate and inspire me which you have already started doing so that is good. Also, to plan and schedule exercise. Sometimes (like all last week) I will want to do my elliptical and i just won't be motivated so today i called a couple of people and that helped. I made a plan to do it for half an hour and i told my friend that i was meeting for lunch what i was trying to do so that helped me be accountable. I have a couple of friends that are accountability buddies and we keep each other accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate and keep each other accountable too. For me it is so hard to stay motivated unless i have the support and accountability that i need. Hoping for the best for you! You can do it!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The best motivator a friend here ever gave me was to review the things I had done right that day instead of the things I had done wrong. I didn't think it would work but lo and behold, it did. It reminded me that I am capable and that my days aren't as bad as I thought. It gave me a more positive outlook and a boost of energy.

Put another way, don't waste time watching the videos of your life where you were striking out. Watch the ones where you hit home runs so you know what you did right and can do that again.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other despite how badly you would rather just sit on the couch. When my motivation wanes, I just tell myself that I'm just going to go for a 10 minute walk, set the timer on my phone and then just get my *kitten* out the door. Usually, once I get going, I just complete my workout.