August 2011 to August 2012

Options

Replies

• runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Aha! Just read your profile! Nice work! We all deserve to slack off a little bit...just don't regress too much! Those pounds go on too easily and are so much harder to get off!
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow what a change , you look fabulous.:smile:
  • nakiahsmom
    nakiahsmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. Hopefully I will be able to do the same..
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I want to cry that is amazing!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look years younger! Great job! You're an inspiration to many.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic!
  • sstewart75
    sstewart75 Posts: 27
    Options
    Fantastic, you will be at goal in no time at all :drinker:
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Congratulations!!!
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You look great i dont think you need to lose 60 more pounds.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    congrats with you great success i can't wait for pictures like these....
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • Notimeforfitness
    Notimeforfitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! You look fantastic and so happy!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    First of all CONGRATS ON JOB WELL DONE... second, you may want to rethink your final goal weight. From the looks of your pic maybe take it in 5-10 pound increments because you look great now and I can not imagine 60 more pounds gone from you. But you will know when you look your best just want to remind you not to get stuck on one particular number :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and happy. Nice job!!
  • TinaW2012
    TinaW2012 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats to you on job well done. Was this dramatic and Beautiful change done completely using My fitness pal or did you combine other programs? Just curious to know can My fitness Pal alone can work this well.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's fabulous.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star!
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • jen8239
    jen8239 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support. To those of you saying I don't have 60 lbs to lose...I started out weighing 325 lbs and currently hovering between 195 to 193. I don't have any full body pics of me at my heaviest. The one I posted here is me at about 295. My goal weight is 135 which I admit is a bit lofty. When I first started MFP last year I set my goal to 150 but never thought I'd even come close. 150 is just barely under the overweight BMI and into the healthy range for my height. But when I finally hit 199 a few weeks ago I decided to reevaluate my goals. I have been overweight my WHOLE life. The lowest I've ever been was around 175 in high school. So I wanted to really push myself to be great. 135 is a healthy weight for my height. 135 is even considered overweight by most in our current society. But that is a number I think I will be happy with. I'm tired of being depressed about my weight. It's drug me down my whole life and made me feel like...well I won't have a cry-fest here...I'm sure you can imagine the self worth and self confidence issues I had and STILL have.

I am sooo glad I found MFP. It truly has changed my life. To the nice lady who asked if that is all I do, if it really works. The answer is yes! Absolutely. I did use it's guidelines in the beginning as far as calories and whatnot. I ate the calories it told me and exercised the amount it told me and so on. But as I hit plateau after plateau (while busting my butt and being super strict, terrified to cheat or go off the plan) I switched to custom mode and began to tweak the numbers myself. When I'd get stuck I'd up my calories by 200 for a few months and then when that stopped working I dropped em back down 200. After constantly getting "stuck" for weeks on end with no loses I took my mom's suggestion to examine my carb intake. For her genetics and diabetes (I was in the pre-diabetic stage when I started out) low carb helped her loose 75 lbs. (she also uses the HCG diet, which I am against, I don't want a quick fix or easy solution, I want long term success) So I gave Atkins a shot and found it worked great for me! I went back into custom mode and set my calories at 1600 but really are supposed to ignore calories on Atkins, set my fat intake at 65%, my protein at 30% and carbs at 5%. My loses are still sometimes a week or two apart but I can see them now! It has changed to burning a lot more fat now and trouble areas like my stomach and thighs have literally began to melt off me. Atkins works by changing your body from burning sugar (carbs) as a fuel source to burning fat as a fuel source. I started in a size 30 last year and currently into a comfortable to lose 16 and some 14's. I want so badly to be at least a size 8 or 6. That is what it will take for me to be happy with myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!