the moment i stop working i go down the wrong track!

I work 2 jobs, both very physical - housekeeping and looking after kids at a play center. I work a lot recently, to earn money for university however today i had a day off and all i have eaten is rubbish. I wouldnt mind if this is a one off but it seems that everyday i have a day off i gorge on thousands of calories, yet when im in a routine at work i can go almost all day with eating little, healthy amounts.
so irritated at myself, just ate a third of a pot of nutella and a bagel and im scared to log it :(

Replies

• I hear you... sometimes I fall off the wagon too. I've actually journalled about it... logged when I was feeling stressed, tired, lonely, bored etc. Then when something would come up for me, I knew WHY i was feeling that way and adjust myself accordingly. I was a stress eater until I found my motivation ... Nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels. Don't beat yourself up, we all go through it. Just get back on track, you know you can do it.

I actually treat myself to a "bad" or "cheat" meal every week. It keeps me SANE lol, on track and motivated and gives me something to look forward to. With your crazy schedule, what do you do for YOURself to relax or destress??
  • I've had one cheat day a week (most including well over 2000 calories) since late May and still lost 20lbs. I know others have been the same way, too. Don't beat yourself up too much, especially when you know during your work days that you do really well.
  • PatWasHere
    PatWasHere Posts: 19
    I compensate for my cheating with exercise. IE this morning I had a small slice of coconut cream pie for breakfast(no one in the house was eating it and I can't let it go to waste!!!) and a brat for lunch. Headed to the gym and speed walked my way back to some calories for dinner ;)

I have also experienced my best weeks for weight loss following weekend camping trip where i did not count any calories and I would estimate I was into 3k for each day. The following week I lost 3 lb's.
  • julk_1212
    julk_1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Weird im the opposite. Cause im in an office atmosphere at work get there early and there for 10the hours... i eat a ton at work. My days off like today its sooo much less and healthier. Lol... but i still found a way and have lost 40 pounds.
    Some stuff i try even though im opposite is type of food. Instead of chips or crackers i like grapes. Grab them in handfuls and munch on them all day. Super healthy and some calories but its natural better type. Celerie is also great for that too! Oatmeal is very filling just dont load it up with fats and sugar. Also i know some ppl are not into cereal but i sware by it... i munch on it. Also sometimes when im not sure what to have to eat... a bowl of cereal and almond milk. Comes in at like 200 to 300 calories depending on type and how much. I like special k. Then i can have 2 bowls. For at home especally do not buy anything that you dont want to eat. Like i know im an ice cream freak... i dont buy it. Its not at home im unlikely to eat it.