Lost inches, but no weight

Options
The past two weeks I've been working my butt off to lose weight. I worked out 5 out of 7 days this past week and burned 500 calories a day on cardio, plus did strength training. I lost about 6-7 inches total on my body. I never had this problem before but I haven't lost any weight and I'm really confused. Is this what my mom meant when she said it's harder to lose weight once you get older?

Replies

• pjrules6
    pjrules6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The past two weeks I've been working my butt off to lose weight. I worked out 5 out of 7 days this past week and burned 500 calories a day on cardio, plus did strength training. I lost about 6-7 inches total on my body. I never had this problem before but I haven't lost any weight and I'm really confused. Is this what my mom meant when she said it's harder to lose weight once you get older?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    If you lost 6-7 inches, you are definitely doing something right... :drinker: :drinker:

Muscle is denser than fat, so the inches may be gone, but the weight hasn't shifted dramatically. Keep up the good work.. Janie
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Thats part of it!! But also - you are losing "weight". You're losing fat and replacing it with muscle. Give it some more time and the #'s will catch up with the evidence of the measurements. Good job - that's a lot of inches. The clothes must be a lot looser!! YIPPEEE! Take the success where it is and enjoy it for that - success!!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    The good thing is, that its actually a more efficient way to know you are losing, if you keep track of the inches your body is losing than by your weight alone.

You have been working your muscles so much that they are bulking up and muscles as they said above weigh more than fat. So you are still losing fat, but gaining muscles. Keep it up and the weight will still go down eventually, but keep watching your inches, cause then you'll really know if you are losing fat.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    6-7 inches......that's fabulous! Way to go, don't worry about the weight, you're still losing!!!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Don't worry about those scales. Congratulations on the lost inches.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep up the great work.