New to MFP

Options
Howdy, my name is Stacey and I just signed up for MFP. I have about 25 pounds I would like to lose and my biggest deterent is motivation and mountain dew. :wink: My clothes have gotten too tight and I would rather shed a few pounds than have to go buy more, plus I know that I will feel better once I lose the excess. As much as I love my hubby, I don't feel like he supports me the way I need, since he has never had the issue of being too heavy, he is tall and thin. He always tells me that I look fine the way I am and I love him for it, but...I look forward to meeting new friends and hopefully finding the motivation that I am missing. Friend me if you like.
Hope you all have a blessed day!

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My hubby is a stud, too, so he was like that as well. Than I started loosing the weight and working out more and he tells me how proud he is of me all of the time! I started in April and my goal is 25 pounds... I have lost 16 so only 9 more to go! This really does work as long as your honest about it... I have only gained once since I started. Good luck and welcome! I will send you a request and we can help motivate each other!:smile:
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    stacey, you will love this site. it has helped me more than anything ever. you will lose those few pounds and then much more...mfp members are very inspirational and helpful. i started logging june 4 and have lost 9 pounds. your mfp "friends" will keep you motivated and accountable. feel free to add me to your friends. jo ann
  • TOxen
    TOxen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    welcome, I am also new to this, this is my first week and I am finding there is alot of support here. I totally undersand the Mt. Dew. I was drinking way too much, but I have found at Dollar General store Clover Valley Lemon Lime flavored sparkling water, it is pretty good and I have not had any Mt. Dew in a week. That's good for me. lol :) Hope that helps and good luck!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Logging my food and exercise keeps me honest. . I am sorry to say, you need to lose the Mt. Dew. It full of bad chemicals and sugar. i drink water and green tea. Staying hydrated is very important. Good luck.
  • LORA0504
    LORA0504 Posts: 22
    Options
    Your post made me feel so much better. :-) I am 5' 2" tall (46 yrs old) and have 25 pounds to lose. My biggest challenges are motivation and Pepsi. My husband is 60 years old has never had a weight problem, works out at least 4 days a week and still has a six pack!!!!! No one every believes it when he says he is 60. And here I am 15 years younger and a hot mess! LOL. He is very supportive of me though and he never makes me feels self-conscience. He just says I need to take care of myself because he plans on being around a lot longer and wants me to make sure I am too....I saw Sunnyside1213's post and that is sooo true. We need to get rid of the Mt. Dew and the Pepsi....some of the worst stuff we could put in our bodies. Would love to be added as friend; would be great to support someone that can relate to my challenges.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hey there! and welcome to an awesome site.... Everyone is so great here... and logging your food and exercise is great at keeping things real. I haven't lost that much weight...YET! !!! but, my clothes are baggy and I'm feeling so much better, stronger and healthier..feel free to add me. Valerie