Has your appetite changed?

Options
2»

Replies

• adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes, it has changed. I no longer eat because food is there in front of me. I make healthier choices and eat smaller portions. I remember when I also used to eat whole pizza by myself, and ate 3-4 servings of dinner. Sooooo glad I made the changes! It's funny when my kids hear me say, "Man, I could go for a nice crisp salad with veggies right now." In my past life, you would have never heard those words come out of my mouth. I'm really happy now that I have control of my life's habits. :)
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nope. I could probably still sit down and eat an entire pizza. I just don't let myself anymore. A few things I used to eat are now too sweet tasting so I think my taste buds have changed but I am certain a burger and fries would go down in no time. Maybe I would skip the shake now. :-)

Same here but I would also have the shake. And I stopped drinking Coke in January but I miss it every day!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That story could come right from a page of my life. I started cooking many years ago and as I got older I began making better tasting fatter for you foods. I slowly increased my calorie intake going from one burger to two and even three with fries and large soda or shake...Somewhere in the 2000 to 3000 calorie area and that was just one meal. Not to mention snacks....ohhh how I loved the snacks, cakes, cookies, and candy bars. I could eat them all day and night. I would watch to see who had them on sale and pack my cabinets full. I put some in the fridge some in the freezer and keep some right by my chair. Didn't want to have to walk to far to get them. Wow now I have a hard time finishing my plate and have no cravings at all. I now feel healthier with my 1200 to 1400 calorie per day. We can do this you just have to stay on course and do what needs to be done.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    After about a month or two I noticed I got full quicker, but now that I'm low carb (basically Atkins Extended Induction), for the first time in my life, I have a hard time reaching 1200 calories a day. It also helps that I'm bored witless of most of my food choices now!
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    I dont eat half so much has i use too...i get full and feel sick way faster then i ever would, and i have also learned to stop before im bursting out of my pants!!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    many times i will be STARVING and will fill my plate up with the intention of eating it all, but around half way through I am STUFFED and can not eat another bit.

but...since my stomach has shrunk i have to be careful because i just get hungrier more often, and a few hours later i am ready to eat again.

I tried to do IF but i couldn't last that long because in the last year i have trained my body to eat every couple hours, which is a good thing because i can have way more calories then the 1200 that alot of people do (including myself for a while) and still lose weight.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Definitely. I would pack away entire bags of pizza rolls and bags of chips, and fast food value meals all the time. Since using this site I learned healthier options that keep me full longer. I seldom crave food from the McDonalds and Burger Kings anymore, and when I do I usually just order a sandwich and forego any fries or sodas.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My appetite has changed. Before, I could eat at least 6 slices of pizza and a huge bag of chips in one sitting. But, now even one slice of pizza makes me sick to the stomach and I have stopped eating chips. I would say my appetite has changed. I don't really crave junk like I used to.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    back when i was a teenager and a measely 95 pounds, i ate like a hog! now, i'm tryna figure out how i ever ate that much
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes. I noticed it last night - had decided to take the evening off from counting to go to a nice dinner. I ate half my app, half my entree, and half my dessert - the dessert was delicious, and I was willing to allow myself to eat the whole thing, but when I got about halfway through I just couldn't take another bite. That would have been no problem for me in the past.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes my appetite has changes and maybe my sense of taste too. I used to find myself craving cake and sweets, now I am addicted to carrots and broccoli.