fruit calories

Options
so for bfast today i had 1 cup oatmeal (300 cals), banana and an apple (200 cals) do you take the fruit calories seriously? like do you actually account for a serious 200 deduction or do you just forego them when entering. I dont feel that they are like a bread/paste/meat entry...

thoughts?

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Yes you count them. Why wouldn't you???

About 25% of my daily calories come from fruit. I would love the answer to this to be no, but you have to count them. Sorry...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Speaking strictly from a numbers point of view- calories are calories. You have to count all of them, no matter where they come from.

__

I remember seeing something a few years ago about a person who ate a bag of apples a day, and couldn't figure out why they were gaining weight. Maybe it's because you're eating a bag of apples a day? :tongue:
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Correct - a calorie is a calorie is a calorie - and you need to count them (there are natural sugars in fruit and you still have to eat in moderation - same with drinking fruit juices)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    so for bfast today i had 1 cup oatmeal (300 cals), banana and an apple (200 cals) do you take the fruit calories seriously? like do you actually account for a serious 200 deduction or do you just forego them when entering. I dont feel that they are like a bread/paste/meat entry...

thoughts?

Fruit has calories, calories = energy. Have to count them. Not doing so is ingoring the realities of thermodynamics, and reality in general.

I get into arguments with ladies here at work about that.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    i know i just can't believe that i used 200 cals on 2 pieces of fruit, grrrrrrr
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Don't get mad at that. 200 calories of fruit usually holds you a lot longer than 200 calories of junk.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

More veggies...
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I don't think that's bad at all. In fact, that's good.

You can 15-20 pieces of fruit in a day (in theory). The amount of food you get in a day in terms of oz/lbs is substantial compared to most other foods.