Cheating on the weekends.....

Options
13»

Replies

• passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi all!

I also have a "cheat". I think it's healthy and if you can limit it to one day, it's a shock to your system, so you should still continue to lose the weight.

My cheat day is usually Saturday, but while I'm in crunch time right now, I am only having a cheat meal on Saturday...and that will be Wendy's! Mmmm, I can't wait :)

You just gave me an idea...maybe I will have a wendy's chicken sandwich tomorrow instead mickey d's.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like to treat myself on payday - every other Friday. Usually I go out for lunch and have chicken strips or something like that, instead of brown bagging it with salad and boiled eggs. But since I also have a karate class on Fridays I'm usually within or not much over my calories. I also find I am now satisfied with smaller portions of my favourite foods, and some foods I really used to crave don't even tempt me any more. Guess that's the "lifestyle change" part.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    For me, it has been a matter of lifestyle adjustments, so weekends are no different than any other day. That doesn't mean I follow a totally rigid lifestyle.

Life is life, so there are going to be times/events that will include extra food or drink. I don't "deny" myself on those days, but I don't go overboard. I account for it by modifying my food intake the rest of the day, adding more exercise, etc.

I have followed the same basic philosophy during my entire "weight loss program". I have not followed any rigid plan or list of foods. Primarily what I did was take control of my food preparation, return to the food choices and habits I had before I remarried, and exercised portion control.

Once a month I meet with our neighborhood wine tasting group and I taste all the wines and sample the cheeses and desserts. I don't avoid anything, but I do probably eat about 1/2 the amount I used to.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My "cheats" have changed. I used to get the quarter pounder value meal at McDonald's. Now if I have that fast food craving I get a hamburger and small fries. It's the same taste, just half the portion. I also don't buy any junk that I love that will sit in my house. That way if I have my usual ice cream craving, I have to actually go to the store or Dairy Queen and buy it. By the time I get there I usually have my senses back and get a small portion. I never ever buy more than I should eat in one sitting because who am I kidding? I'll eat it all if it's in my freezer.