I love it!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Judging solely on their ads, I think they're a joke.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Judging solely on their ads, I think they're a joke.

whatever,,, they are inexpensive for people who need that, and have what you need for a workout.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I have heard more bad then good, they do not want any*meat heads in the gym* so if you plan on getting big don't go to there gym LOL makes sense right, I heard they have like pizza partys on Fridays, I know the one near me has a dress code that says no cut off t shirts WTF!!! Never actually been there but these are a few things I have heard from friends
  • twinrose28
    Options
    I'm a premium member of Planet Fitness. I like going to this gym. It is always clean and the people who work their are very helpful. The gym is open 24 hours 7 days a week. I appreciate this because my job is on a rotating shift. I also appreciate having the premium membership because if my husband wants to work out with me he can come along without having to join the gym. I also appreciate that the membership dues fits within my budget. Another nice thing about this gym is that I feel free to go this gym without people looking at me and judging me for my size. I can workout and not worry about what other people are thinking about me. The only thing I wish this gym had was a pool so I would be able to do water aerobics. Maybe some day in the future they will think about offering this. But overall I really enjoy working out at Planet Fitness.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I go to Chuze Fitness, 10 bucks a month and all the weights you can lift! Well, not really, the dumbbells only go up to 75 lbs and the dont have a real bench press, its a hammer strenght machine. But 10 bucks, yeah.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My opinion is if you wanna be a bodybuilder/powerlifter this gym is not for you which is why i'll never get a membership there but if your a beginner or someone wanting to lose weight its perfect for you
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My opinion is if you wanna be a bodybuilder/powerlifter this gym is not for you which is why i'll never get a membership there but if your a beginner or someone wanting to lose weight its perfect for you

I kind of agree, well I don't want to be a body builder, but I like my small gym thats 11$ a month and has everything, plus I enjoy seeing the same people who are there all the time, I never have to workout with strangers
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    The other day I thought about this: So people who go to PF don't want to feel "judged" by others at the gym. But aren't they judged just by walking in the street or in a store or mall? And I'm more than sure people spend more time out and about then in a gym for an hour or so.

Personally I've worked out in 2 of them and knew I was judged as soon as I step foot in to work out in them. When the first thing out of the mouths of the front desk is "you can't do deadlifts or we don't have heavy dumbells here" then it's pretty ironic that they state they are a "Judgement Free" gym. Both times I was there just to do cardio and some plyometric work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The other day I thought about this: So people who go to PF don't want to feel "judged" by others at the gym. But aren't they judged just by walking in the street or in a store or mall? And I'm more than sure people spend more time out and about then in a gym for an hour or so.

Personally I've worked out in 2 of them and knew I was judged as soon as I step foot in to work out in them. When the first thing out of the mouths of the front desk is "you can't do deadlifts or we don't have heavy dumbells here" then it's pretty ironic that they state they are a "Judgement Free" gym. Both times I was there just to do cardio and some plyometric work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    As a Rams fan never thought I would agree with a niner but i couldnt agree more in all honesty i believe planet fitness is trying to make it too where the people who have had good results be judged
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    it's a good gym for women and guy's who don't want to lift.... also the gym's have different staff, most of them are young kids, so the 'enforcement varies. But the weights do not go up very high. So if you don't want to lift just do cardio it is probably great.
  • SaintOnEarth
    SaintOnEarth Posts: 160
    Options
    I find the gym to be very great. I have a black membership which includes unlimited access to any planet fitness across the US, you can bring 1 free guest any time you are at your "home" PF, they have free tanning, free massage chairs, and everyone in the gym is friendly. I have no complaints about the gym, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a gym.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    it's pretty ironic that they state they are a "Judgement Free" gym.

THIS...When I went one a tour there, I found it quite ironic that all of the rules they had were against people who were into heavy lifting. That doesn't say judgement free to me; it simply says they're catering to a certain crowd while perpetuating stereotypes.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you want a no frills gym with minimal weights, few professional lifters, and a general mentality aimed at losing weight and cardio as opposed to weight lifting, it's a great gym.
    If you want frills, lots of weights, frequent lifters, and the typical gym atmosphere then it's a bad gym.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    First let me say this, I personally don't have anything against bodybuilders or heavy lifters....but honestly, all that damn grunting to lift a weight and dropping the weights is not all I need to be hearing while I'm trying to workout...therefore, go and do that at another gym..PF is a damn good gym and it's fits most ppl budget and needs..let's keep it real
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    it's a good gym for women and guy's who don't want to lift.... also the gym's have different staff, most of them are young kids, so the 'enforcement varies. But the weights do not go up very high. So if you don't want to lift just do cardio it is probably great.

i guess i am a woman then..............
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love the gym. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. There are all kinds of people that work out there. It's not a meat market. It's clean. Machines are always available. Plenty of weights for weight lifters and I've seen quite a few body builders there so................
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i belong to one here.. its always clean, with machines available. staff is friendly.. although i don't like the "trainer" much..
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    i love the gym.....friendly and clean...lots of machines and free weights.....huge selection of cardio equipment..... best gym i have ever gone to......$10 a month.... my PF gym stole so many people from the other gyms in town.....one shut down and the famous WORLD GYM here in St Augustine is now offering $10 a month memberships....go figure....you got to compete for the business....
    its a great gym