p90X Question

Options
I started to read the nutritional book and have a question. Bases on the calculation on page 5. My daily nutritional level is 1800. Does that mean I shouldn't eat back any of my workout calories? I will be wearing my hrm when I start the program. I would rather eat back the calories burned that my hrm will say I burn.

My info:
5'2
128lbs
20.95% body fat

Also, I don't have a pull up and because I have crown molding around the door frame, it will not be able to hold a pull up. Do I really need one or is there another alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you can attach resistance bands to something up high, Tony generally offers a modification of pull ups that way. But it probably won't feel as badass :laugh:

As far as nutrition goes, I'd say just listen to your body. But I guess it really depends if you're trying to lose weight, or maintain and tone.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started to read the nutritional book and have a question. Bases on the calculation on page 5. My daily nutritional level is 1800. Does that mean I shouldn't eat back any of my workout calories? I will be wearing my hrm when I start the program. I would rather eat back the calories burned that my hrm will say I burn.

My info:
    5'2
    128lbs
    20.95% body fat

Also, I don't have a pull up and because I have crown molding around the door frame, it will not be able to hold a pull up. Do I really need one or is there another alternative?

Thanks in advance!

I use the blow flex. Ive also seen a band across a door tat you can use.
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    you can definitely use resistence bands...that would be the best option

and i would say not to eat what you burn...set your calories for the day and go for it
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would say that at 1800 calories and your height and weight.....you should NOT eat back your exercise calories.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    you can do reverse chin ups as well put your legs up the wall and lower your head down to the floor..they are hard
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1800 from the book calculation includes your exercise. If you want to you could set your MFP at weight loss, which will probably give you 1200 considering your height/weight etc. and then add in your HRM data cals burned and use that daily allowance. Either way, should work out to be close.

Also, resistance bands shut in a door (mine has a nob you put on the other side when closing, just make sure the door is shut tight, lol) works well too!!

Good luck!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I use a set of resistance bands I got from Amazon, with the heaviest anchored to a closet door for the pull-ups. Sure, it's not as badass, but most importantly Tony says it's just as effective. There is always someone in the strength videos showing how to use the bands. I love them and have noticed a big difference.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!