Run For Your Lives!! (awesome zombie-ness)

Options
Caffeine_Addict
Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
OMG guys, check this out!! It's an obstacle course run where zombies try to take your lives (flags like flag football). Looks so fun and crazy (and difficult)!

383314_312090018832702_1976762522_n.jpg

Video of the run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4XvnVz9qDQ

It's in cities across North America, check to see if there's one in your city:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/run.for.your.lives

599458_424331127608590_1994823909_n.jpg

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I want to do this so bad..
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    that would be so much fun! I want to do it!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    They started something like this here in a neighboring city. It started out with a couple of friends setting up a FB page and it just exploded the first year out of the gate!!!

It's now a HUGE event each year. They only take a specific number of people now and the city helps to coordinate (with police and such) to ensure safety of the general public.

Yes, it's gotten that huge and it looks like tons of fun!!

ETA that the local function is not affiliated with this function.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Did the one in Boston- it was fun.

My wife was on the course dressed as a zombie- was interesting hearing her take on it. And yes I saw her and ayes she tried to take my flag... I screamed out "You're sleeping on the couch tonight" as I dodged her.
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This may be the most awesome thing I have seen all week.
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Options
    They started something like this here in a neighboring city. It started out with a couple of friends setting up a FB page and it just exploded the first year out of the gate!!!

It's now a HUGE event each year. They only take a specific number of people now and the city helps to coordinate (with police and such) to ensure safety of the general public.

Yes, it's gotten that huge and it looks like tons of fun!!

ETA that the local function is not affiliated with this function.

It's such an awesome idea I didn't think it could be the only one :) It's great that the local one is doing so awesome too. There should be more of this combining fun & fitness :)
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Options
    @swordsmith - haha that's so awesome :)

@afterblue - i knoooow! Me too!
  • HoneyBadgerVin
    Options
    I'm doing the SoCal one. Anyone else going?
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2tabw.gif
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    That is the most awesome thing I have seen since I took my shower this morning! :drinker:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    ... and I thought the mudders looked like fun! This is GREAT! Checking for a local one now!!!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Crap crap crap -- there's one like an hour from me, but it's the weekend after my Komen 5K. Don't think I'll be up for a double.
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was a zombie back in May! So much fun! I am totally going to run it next year.
  • willboyles
    willboyles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dang it. I will be in new York the weekend that it is in Austin. Damn bad timing. That looks awesome!
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was so interested in this, until I saw the scary clown on the main page. I'm so scared of clowns.
  • bronnibee
    Options
    That is the most awesome thing I have seen since I took my shower this morning! :drinker:

ha ha
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both running in the zombie race in Pittsburgh on Labor Day weekend! :drinker:
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    RFYL in Indy this year left a lot to be desired. Very poorly set up. Great concept, but execution was seriously lacking.
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I seen this on the news last week!!!! I would definitely sign up for something like this if my bladder wasn't so weak (if you know what i mean) :laugh: :wink:
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    2tabw.gif

Uggh! I hate this thing! It's haunted my dreams for some time.