Chicken Breast--What's your favorite way of cooking it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Boiled in Chicken broth then add some noodles or rice to the broth once the chicken is done.

Pound the chicken breast pretty flat, add a slice of ham and a 1/2 lite string cheese..bake for 20-25 mins. (at 350) I season mine with garlic and onion powders as well as salt and pepper. (very little salt)

Chicken salad...boil your chicken, dice, add some celery, salt pepper and a light mayo.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My favorite way would be cut it into strips bread it and deep fry it.
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    My favourite - and my husbands (who is not on a diet) is : cut the chicken into small strips. chop about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic. add salt. a little oil. really simple, but tastes delicious!!
  • sey214
    sey214 Posts: 15
    Options
    Grill a chicken breast and season with pepper and some garlic salt. Once grilled, melt low-fat mozz cheese on it. Top with fresh basil & 2 thinly sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with a heated balsamic glaze. Yummy! (o:

Enjoy!
  • knumommi
    knumommi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 jars chunky salsa in the crock pot in the afternoon and its falling apart ready to be put of rice and veggies or wrapped up in tortillas.

Also like sazon the little orange packets, I add a little water in a pan and let it cook out on low leaving a little juice left over to pour over rice and cauliflower
  • EnterFitness
    Options
    I love marinating it for an hour or two then grill it. Add some broccoli to it. My type of meal right there.

Me too! Grill it, chop it up, add chopped broccoli and a small amount of brown rice = healthy chicken bowl
  • FTW7
    FTW7 Posts: 21
    Options
    The lime juice with cilantro sounds yummy!
  • dietingqueen
    Options
    Marinating it in lemon and lime juice chopped fresh chilli,garlic,ginger,coriander and freshly ground black pepper, served with Tilda lime and coriander rice yummy.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I tend to bake my chicken in a foil parcel - it keeps it juicy and I use the juices that are saved in the parcel as a sauce. I use different veg / herb / spice combinations - all in the parcel with the chicken. Lots of these work greatv with salmon too.

White wine, shallots, mushrooms, black pepper
    lemon juice, tarragon, courgette
    fresh chilli, lime juice
    fresh tomatoes, peppers, red onion
    grapefruit, shallot, a little brown sugar
    stuff with low fat cream cheese / garlic cheese
    tomato paste and parmesan on top

etc etc
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband mixes 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and then coats strips of lean chicken breast.
    A Quick spray of the frypan to stop them sticking and cook .
    Love these with salad
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Chicken
    Epicure's tasty Indian-inspired spice blends offer the known benefits of turmeric. Enjoy this easy dish barbecued or baked, hot or cold – only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep!

Makes 4 servings

Cost Per Serving: 2.90
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
    1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat plain yogurt
    1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's Tandoori Seasoning
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Instructions
    1. Whisk first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl or baking dish. Add chicken, coat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
    2. Preheat oven to 350° C (175° F). Roast chicken 30 minutes or, for an authentic, fire-touched taste, slowly grill on a barbecue over medium heat for 10–15 minutes per side.
    Per Serving : Calories 230, Fat 5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 33 g.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite recipe, easy and so adaptable!

Mix a 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%), about a quarter cup shredded parmesan, a tablespoon or two of dijon mustard, a little Lawry's seasoning salt,pepper and minced garlic. My measurements aren't 100% correct cause I eyeball it a bit, but just mix it till it tastes good, haha.
    Spread the mixture over 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (cover them completely)
    Sprinkle with a little more parmesan
    Pop in the oven at 375 for about 40 minutes, check to make sure the inside isn't pink cause cooking times vary. It's best when the mix on top gets brown.

This is 2 servings!

You can change out and add ingredients to your liking. Tonight I added capers to the sauce and it was so good! I always eat it with a side of sauteed asparagus. Yum!