not making progress -- hoping for input on what I could try

Options
if you would be interested in giving me feedback on what I could do to lose weight I would be more than happy to hear.

I feel like I am trying very hard with my eating and excercise but, just don't see any results. i've been up and down and while it notes 9 lbs. down it has taken quite a while. I only post when I am down. Normally, the next several weeks are back up.

All day I am hearing indivdiuals that are talking about the weight they lose and they aren't doing any where near the exercise. I also have several friends doing MRC, taking pills or other programs with extremely low calorie intakes and they look amazing (again, no exercise or maybe just a little walking)

Must be honest -- I've ALWAYS had weight problems. I didn't treat my body very well when I was younger (eating disorder tendencies) and have "dieted" most of my life. I've been as high as 190 and am now 162 but, that is because I too did MRC 2 years ago.

I've opened my diaries if you are up for giving me some input. ** note, I started some strength training in the last 3 weeks. I do it 2 -3 times per week and normally do 12 various excerises each time for 3 rounds of 12 repititions each.

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    Your diary isn't opened.
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    slow learner -- try again
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    up you weights and start with lower reps, then get as you increase your reps, increase weight and decrease reps... does that make sense??
  • lovinlandl
    Options
    yes -- will give it a try.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    First off you should know your last few pounds won't come off easy so don't get discouraged and second I we are women and our weights are frustrating cause or hormones etc. I don't know what you are eating or how I can help except to say make sure your NET is at least 1200 so your body doesn't think it's starving.

Also as far as your friends go taking pills etc. I've had several people I know take something at one point or another and then gain it all back. Pills and doing things like that are so not good for your body. You are doing it the right way training yourself how to eat, exercise, and all round take care of yourself which in the long run will help you take it off and most importantly keep it off. You won't have to keep taking a pill which is just money out of your pocket and two could be hurting your organs in the long run. Plus you know the moment they stop taking that pill they will just start gaining the weight back were are you won't.

I completely understand about being unhealthy most of your life as I've been the same. On the bigger side most of my life and even tried a few pills loosing a couple pound but then because I didn't know how to eat or anything I'd gain it all back and then some when I stopped. Once I learned how this all works I was of course skeptical but I can't dispute the weight I've lost. Sure I HATE only loosing a pound or whatever a week but when I look back at my journey I started in March I'd rather be where I am then where I was.

I went to check your diary and couldn't see it but if you wanna friend me I don't mind looking it over :)

Edit: after posting this I noticed it was open now so I went to look at your NET and I looked over 3 days and your average was 600 a day. That's your way of telling your body you are starving and of course it's going to go into protective mod. When you have a goal of 1400 that doesn't mean you eat 1100 and add exercise in on top of it. You have to NET 1200 or more just to keep your body working normally or it will shut down on itself and protect itself burning muscle and anything else then fat so you don't starve to death.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem then a friend told me to cut back on the carbs and i lost 5 lbs in one week, 25 in 3 weeks ,but as soon as i went back adding carbs i gained 10 back. I think its hard for some of us as we get older to eat carbs. i'm starting again and hoping i get the same results i did before. i will only really eat bread that is very high in protein and if i do one slice a couple times a week. a red potato or a small sweat potato when i'm really craving it., mostly protein and veggies fruit occasionally only because i'm diabetic and when i do its berries or pear or apple.I eat Kashi go lean and for breakfast its very filling and lots of protein sometimes i add a boiled egg.eating protein and fiber helps keep you fuller longer. 5 small meals a day , Example - breakfast - kashi a boiled egg low fat milk, snack- one graham cracker not the honey type or 1/2 apple and 1 tbls peanut butter, lunch- a wrap made with lettuce maybe turkey or chicken add lots of veggies a drizzle of low fat dressing snack- a Greek yogurt with berries, dinner maybe a sinach salad topped with salmon or chicken breast a little feta cheese ,tomato .cucumber and a drizzle of low fat dressing.hope this helps.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did that exact thing, i didn't get all my calories in and i actually started gaining. I didnt understand til i started researching and found out i wasnt eating enough. Some times its hard but try to fit them in your day its really important.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem then a friend told me to cut back on the carbs and i lost 5 lbs in one week, 25 in 3 weeks ,but as soon as i went back adding carbs i gained 10 back. I think its hard for some of us as we get older to eat carbs. i'm starting again and hoping i get the same results i did before. i will only really eat bread that is very high in protein and if i do one slice a couple times a week. a red potato or a small sweat potato when i'm really craving it., mostly protein and veggies fruit occasionally only because i'm diabetic and when i do its berries or pear or apple.I eat Kashi go lean and for breakfast its very filling and lots of protein sometimes i add a boiled egg.eating protein and fiber helps keep you fuller longer. 5 small meals a day , Example - breakfast - kashi a boiled egg low fat milk, snack- one graham cracker not the honey type or 1/2 apple and 1 tbls peanut butter, lunch- a wrap made with lettuce maybe turkey or chicken add lots of veggies a drizzle of low fat dressing snack- a Greek yogurt with berries, dinner maybe a sinach salad topped with salmon or chicken breast a little feta cheese ,tomato .cucumber and a drizzle of low fat dressing.hope this helps.

I like your suggestions..I've been trying to figure some substitutes to cut down on my carbs.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look like you are eating healthy. Are you actually measuring and weighing your food or just guessing? If you are just estimating then you might want to actually start weighing and measuring your food. If really helped me but even helped my husband more to see on a repeated basis how much a serving was for me and him. Also I noticed that you don't post how much water you are drinking. Are you getting in at least 8 glasses? I find 12 glasses keeps my weight loss going.
  • lovinlandl
    Options
    Yep -- drink tons of water -- 90+ oz per day. I also drink Crystal Lite at night when I get home.

I am measuring, even try to put in my bites when they happen.