Losing inches but not pounds.

Options
I have lost 15 1/2 total inches in the past two months but have only lost 8 pounds. What is up with that? I love the way my clothes feel but am not seeing it on the scale. What is happening? I am doing WW and working out 5 times a week. My workout includes machines (alternating body parts) and cardio (30 min daily). Please help - going to Cabo in May & need to take my own 6 pack!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It happens like this sometimes. For me, for the first 3 months on MFP I gained weight and lost inches (I am assuming from gaining muscle). Muscle is more dense then fat, therefore when you gain muscle and lose fat - you lose inches. You should be happy you are losing something! :smile: Keep it up and you will see the pounds come off! The muscle build up is what will get you the 6-pack! :wink:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop worrying about the scale as much. If a 6-pack is what you're after, you should pay more attention to the tape measure.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 2 months is awesome!!! that's a consistant pound per week PLUS inch loss.
    I think you need to not be so hard on yourself. slow and steady wins the race, when it comes off slow and consistant that's when it stays off :)

good work!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You're dropping a pound a week, and probably getting stronger and definitely getting healthier. Whaddaya' want? Geez,,, :laugh:

No pleasing some people. :bigsmile:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'd be extatic about the 15.5 inches. I've lost 40 lbs and only lost 6 inches off the waist.
  • cdgibson1
    cdgibson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And PS. Fat looks better tan!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about losing inches. I have lost 8 1/2 inches and about 10 pounds in only a month. So it isn't that bad to lose inches. I love that my clothes are alot looser but I have to think that it might take me some time to get my scale to really start moving to a lower number. Just think positive and that you can do it......

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: