Calling all Curvy Women!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if the OP said most of her weight is in her hips and thighs how exactly is that hourglass?
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    :sad: I wish I had big hips
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    Not a popular view here but I believe that body shape is inherent. You can lose weight all over, firm and tone but your basic shape will remain.

I was an hourglass shape (big boobs, defined waist, curvy hips) at a UK size 22 and I'm still one at UK size 10
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have a natural hourglass figure, my waist is quite small and goes in, my hips go out and my shoulders are about the same width as my hips, and i have nice boobs :smile:

I find that it's hardest to lose weight from my hips, but it can be done. I'm 5'6" tall, and about 10 years ago (i'm 34 now) I could wear UK size 12 (US 8) trousers, but I still kept my hourglass figure.

I've been losing weight for the past year after my 2nd child, and i've lost about 38lbs and my figure is still pretty much the same, although my boobs are still bigger from pregnancy. My hips seem to have got smaller at a faster rate this time and my jeans from before my 1st child (born 2009) are loose.

It's not a bad figure to have, you know! I'm happy with mine, but i'll be happier when it's smaller and more toned. I don't know if the big hips have helped, but i've given birth to both my children naturally with just a bit of gas and air at the end, and not needed stitches even, so yay for big hips :smile:

Just exercise, eat well and you'll lose weight eventually off the places you want to.
  • clarabellesimmo82
    Options
    Morning all!

I am a typical 8 shape this doesn't change from when I was a UK size 16, to a UK size 8.

However, currently, in a healthy BMI but not necessarily a happy one, my bust and hips are half an inch different, and my waist is 10" smaller. I'm proud to have this shape and whilst I know the difference between the two will decrease as I lose more weight, I will still have that frame!
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It will go away eventually, but I'm sure you've heard that spot reducing is a myth. And it is. You just have to wait until you get there and see how you feel. Being a shorter lady (like myself) you'd probably be okay with about 120 but of course, you'll only know when you get there!