I had glass in my foot, quick question.

Options
2»

Replies

• Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You could always call a nurses line and ask for self closure though :)

Good thing I'm a nurse! Lol!
  • Burrittanee
    Options
    I stepped on a piece of glass before. It went way up there. The doctors told me it would work itself out on it's own until they x-rayed me. It was way up there. The nurse took it out and it was sore but I moved around as if I were normal and nothing got damaged...not saying the same will happen to you (if there's glass still up there). But I think that allot of the pain might be by the method you removed it, and not that you're foots going to fall off. I'm pretty sure doctors would look at you like you're retarded if you go there because your foot is cut. You could always call a nurses line and ask for self closure though :)

thank you thank you! I mean, it's feeling a lot better now, walking fine.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    When we were younger my sister got a cut on her foot from glass and she ended up with a staph infection. I'd go see your doctor PRONTO!!

I work with a guy who just recently got a shard of glass in his arm, thought he had it all out, didn't, realized it was getting infected, and by the time he got to the doctor he had to have his arm sliced open to drain the infection. It was nasty!
  • JenSnider1983
    Options
    My friends just made a big deal out of it tonight and I mean, I've never had glass in my foot or heard any horrible stories but I thought it'd be like a splinter, once it's out you're golden.

I just don't really see the big deal.. hahah it was like, about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago...? I mean, the cut wasn't even fully healed yet. so it wasn't entirely too long ago. and it wasn't in deep or anything.

You don't see the big deal about a [possibly dirty] foriegn object being inside of your body for 2 or 3 weeks?

I also want to say that when my sister got her staph infection there was no outward clues. It was only after she woke our parents up two nights in a row crying because her foot hurt so bad that they took her to the doctor and found out.