Tattoo???

Options

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    I definitely want one when I am done losing weight, but I haven't decided what yet. The star idea is awesome! I will have to think about what I want!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I agree that getting a tattoo is a big desicion and I have two that I want to get. not when I reach a goal weight. As part of my new healthy lifestyle I have gotten involved in the sport of Triathlon and I am in LOVE. I have decieded that once I complete three seasons and my first Iron man I am getting the following two tattoos.

Right arm-
    tritatoo.jpg

Left arm-
    Chinese symbol of endurance-
    e57.gif

It's a sport I plan to be a part of as long as my body will allow. A big part of a healthy lifestyle that can last a long time. But I wont allow myself to do it until I am three years in and know that I am definatley sticking with it.
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can always get it lasered off! :) I am in the process of doing that now. Unfortunatley it hurts way more than getting the tattoo and costs 10 times more! :(
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have one that I got on my lower back , in NOV of last year, It is my 4 sons's astrological signs, and after each sign is a star for their birth order, so firstborn has one star, 4th son has 4. the stars are purple and green and look like shooting stars, it is awesome! I knew I didnt want their names on my body, but I wanted them to each be symbolized in some way, this was the perfect way.

Enjoy yours!
  • algiampolo
    Options
    I have 11 tattoos and I love all of them because they are all meaningful to me! I decided that it was best for me to be able to hide them and they can all be covered by a one-piece bathing suit. You should be happy with whatever you decide and be proud of your tattoos!
  • loulabelle
    loulabelle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea :flowerforyou: What a great way to celebrate your achievement in a lasting way:smile::smile: :smile:

I have 6 tattoos - used to have 7 - and everytime I look at them I remember the person I was and how I was feeling at the time, it's nice to get in touch with that younger version of yourself I think :smile:

A little advice - get them where they can be hidden + try to know who is doing it....One of mine was done by a guy who went to jail just after for some pretty nasty stuff (I didn't know him personally btw)and even though I liked it and designed it, I couldn't cope having a permanent reminder of him.....Thousands of $$$ later and so many laser treatments to fix it GRRR!!

Anyway - a great way to celebrate and remind yourself of where you've come from and what you've achieved :drinker: :drinker:

PS love the triathlon tat :smile:
  • samantha115
    Options
    I want to get a tattoo of my starting weight 246 in roman numerials to remind myself that i never want to go back there. eventuall I want to get a tattoo of my final weight. I dont what number Ill be comfortable at or when that will be. As a birthday present to myself. Anybody else do anything similar?

Im getting it next weekend. Its going to be on my forarm at the bend of my elbow. Im very excited. Its going to be simple and Ill see it when ever I want to pop something bad into my mouth. Happy birthday to me! Well its going to be happy late birthday to me. :smile:
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    I also planned on getting a tattoo as a reward for my weight loss. It won't have as much to do with my weight as to the location. It will be in my lower back (somewhere i'll never tattoo until i lose this weight!) I'm getting my children's names, Chloe, Rileigh and Makaylah, circling a sun (i'm a leo, a sun sign). I mean your kids are your kids forever, that will never change!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The only thing is...our weights are going to fluctuate throughout our lives, so at some point, your numbers may not have the same significance. I don't think my start weight is anything I'd ever want tattooed on my body.

The stars idea on the other hand is pretty cute.

__

I have 3 tattoos that I regret. Regret is a real possibility with any tattoo- regardless of significance. Things change, and what was significant to us at one point, may mean little to us in the future.
    That's why I've never gotten one. I'm afraid that I will regret it. My daughter has one with her children's initials and it's beautiful. I would need something like that.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The only thing is...our weights are going to fluctuate throughout our lives, so at some point, your numbers may not have the same significance. I don't think my start weight is anything I'd ever want tattooed on my body.

The stars idea on the other hand is pretty cute.

__

I have 3 tattoos that I regret. Regret is a real possibility with any tattoo- regardless of significance. Things change, and what was significant to us at one point, may mean little to us in the future.
    That's why I've never gotten one. I'm afraid that I will regret it. My daughter has one with her children's initials and it's beautiful. I would need something like that.

I have several, but the biggest one is almost my entire stomach. When I had my c-section, it was not sewn back together in the right places, so now it's visibly crooked...not to mention it's now 20 years old and quite faded. I don't really care for it anymore, but I don't regret it. And it now has a new meaning for me....a reminder of my daughter's birth.....so I wouldn't trade the mis-sewn crooked section for anything :smile:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a horseshoe on my right hip fairly low and can be hidden under underwear and bathing suit. I've ridden horses since I was 10, competing since 14... they're my passion so it's never going to be something that doesn't apply anymore. I'm 24 and I've had it for just over two years... and I've yet to tell my mother lol. To be honest most of the time I don't even notice it anymore
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What cool ideas... I am definitely getting a tatoo to mark this time in my life. Mine doesn't mean anything to anyone else but me... (duh, that's what most folks do, right?, lol) I'll confess, though... my best friend and I have had a running thing between us for over 15 years.. it's Elvis' mantra, TCB in a flash (taking care of business in a flash). It makes me laugh and reminds me of what we've used it for each other through the years... strength, power, motivation, sass. So, I'm thinking of looking at some creative way to get TCB with the lightening strike in a small spot on my hip. Just something that reminds me that I have been "taking care of business in a flash" with this weight loss journey!

Marci
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree that getting a tattoo is a big desicion and I have two that I want to get. not when I reach a goal weight. As part of my new healthy lifestyle I have gotten involved in the sport of Triathlon and I am in LOVE. I have decieded that once I complete three seasons and my first Iron man I am getting the following two tattoos.

Right arm-
    tritatoo.jpg

Left arm-
    Chinese symbol of endurance-
    e57.gif

It's a sport I plan to be a part of as long as my body will allow. A big part of a healthy lifestyle that can last a long time. But I wont allow myself to do it until I am three years in and know that I am definatley sticking with it.

I am going to do a triathlon next year! I want to get this once I complete it! Thanks! It is really cool!
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    I, too, like these very much. I'm planning on running my first 5K in November. Everyone who knows me knows just how much I used to hate running. Now I love it. I've come to terms with the mental part of it and enjoy my time running everyday. I've been mulling over which tattoo to get after I finish my first 5K, and now I know. I love the runner tattoo; it's simple but says everything I want to say with my tattoo.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Ok. I have two tattoos. The first one I got on my 21st birthday in Austin.

It was always my dream to go to The University Of Texas. That dream never panned out, but I got a tattoo of their longhorn to remind myself of my dream....and one day I will go to UT.
    2a762oz.jpg

My second one is the word 'courage'. There are several times in my life where I was completely ready to end it all, and I have pulled myself through everytime. So this one means a LOT LOT LOT to me. (ignore my non-painted toes) I got this a month ago:
    qxm39g.jpg
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I think the tat thing is a great idea..............

But, then again, I have 9 tats and many more piercings. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

When I get the weight off, I will be doing some more art work on my body, just don't know what I am going to be putting there yet. :laugh:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I want to get a tattoo of my starting weight 246 in roman numerials to remind myself that i never want to go back there. eventuall I want to get a tattoo of my final weight. I dont what number Ill be comfortable at or when that will be. As a birthday present to myself. Anybody else do anything similar?

I just realized I never answered your question, which was the point of me posting my tattoos. It was that: tattoos like you want to do are so powerful, and I think that's an amazing idea. Everytime I see either of my tattoos, I get so inspired. I think it's FANTASTIC and you should do it!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my tattoo. I mean if I were to lose it for some reason, it would be like losing an appendage. It is a part of me and reflects some of my deepest held values. To the person that doesn't like tattoos--if you choose them wisely, you WON'T ever wake up one day saying 'I don't want this tatt anymore.' I look at mine lovingly in the mirror after every shower and lotion it religiously so it stays looking new. I think that if you want to commemorate your achievement, DO IT. Don't let anyone talk you out of something that important.

Mine is an Adinkra symbol that means 'He who does not know can know from learning.'
    4299_576810150983_31207658_34248276_5206726_n.jpg
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i love the idea - i want to get one on my lower back when i lose the weight - though am worried about the pain factor of having it done and need to find out what i want put their.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Sam- I love your idea. I've considered doing something similar but decided to do an unrelated reminder tat. I currently have three and they all remind me of different points in my life. I love that they show me how I've evolved in the last 6 years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!