Finding it hard to lose

Options
Finding it hard to shift weight despite fact that I don't think I eat that much junk. Have had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and salads for dinner for weeks, and weight just stay about same. apprehensive to eat real food in case I gain........getting rather fed up with salad. Lol

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all your food? Measuring it so you know how many servings to add to your diary? Are you using salad dressings? They have a lot of calories. Eating enough calories? What are you eating besides what you said in your post? Are you adding up calories from beverages? They count too. I don't know what else. Good luck. : )
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a really great support group on FB for people of all Fitness levels if you would like to join. I get lots of advice and motivation and recipe ideas etc. I have lost 14lbs since joining. The link is. https://www.facebook.com/groups/50shadesoffitness
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    cant help unless we can see your diary. Im on1200 and (other than saurdays, which is my cheat days) i rarely reach that, as my doctor has me on 1000 cals. I eat ALOT and still make goal on 1000.. there is no reason you have to eat salads.. just maintain control over your portions.
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Despite the stereotype, eating salads for dinner will not help you lose weight. Dinner is a time for your body to get all the hearty nutrients so that it will be stabilized for the next 12 hours while you rest. If you teach your body to start saving instead of using, it will never get rid of food when you finally eat more. Have a salad as an appetizer, and then have some meat. Just choose wisely. chicken wings are not the best choice. Try chicken breasts, turkey, or beef. Find out which nutrients you are not getting, and find out what happens when you dont get those nutrients. And exercise, exercise, exercise.....the more you burn, the more you have to eat! think about it!
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more protein (eggs whites are great. 17 calories each and lots of protein), healthy fats (olive oil, pb, nuts esp almonds), and drink lots of water. Maintaining a low sodium diet has really helped me this summer. have lost 13 lbs in the last two months.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Despite the stereotype, eating salads for dinner will not help you lose weight. Dinner is a time for your body to get all the hearty nutrients so that it will be stabilized for the next 12 hours while you rest. If you teach your body to start saving instead of using, it will never get rid of food when you finally eat more. Have a salad as an appetizer, and then have some meat. Just choose wisely. chicken wings are not the best choice. Try chicken breasts, turkey, or beef. Find out which nutrients you are not getting, and find out what happens when you dont get those nutrients. And exercise, exercise, exercise.....the more you burn, the more you have to eat! think about it!

He is right...
    I have protien shakes in the day because typically i wouldnt eat at breakfast or lunch (so this is better than not eating) and i have a good dinner of the things i want, within portion control & calories.. however, you have to make the riht choices.... If i ate McDonalds every night, i wouldnt lose.. if i ate salads every night, i wouldnt lose either, because i wouldnt do it.

Moderation and CONTROL is key!

Edited to say Saturdays are my CHEAT days and also that ive lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks, so i must be doing something right.. u know?
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    with all that being said.. you have been on MFP for a few days, you have no friends on here, which tells me you arent very active.. you have no open diary, and you have no posts but this one. you NEED to understand this does NOT happen over night.

Dont come on here saying you ate right for a whole day & havent lost 50 pounds because you wont find people here who are going to feel bad for you for that. We are fighting, literally to save our lives & to DO THIS.. so i really hope you arent being so nieve about the weight loss.
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Finding it hard to shift weight despite fact that I don't think I eat that much junk. Have had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and salads for dinner for weeks, and weight just stay about same. apprehensive to eat real food in case I gain........getting rather fed up with salad. Lol

Reading it again, I think you may need to speak to a professional. It sounds like there are some depper issues there. You should not ever be scared to eat "real food". That may be a therapy issue. Don't be offended....I just call it like I see it.
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    lol I know what you mean I lost 20 lbs and thats been it but its kind of hard to lose and eat right when you 8 to 12 hours a day 7 days a week and only get 2 to 4 hours sleep each day its not good for the body but I keep trying. I hope you have a great day.