Sugar

Options
Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
Hi All

So a total amt of sugar allowed per female adult is abt 25 gm per day. Greek yogurt chiobani, fage are so rich in sugar. What are folks eating for Greek yogurt? I just buy pain at trader's joe and add some own fruit. Not sure sugar content of that. Ideas of eating Greek yogurt in mornings in a healthy way?

Replies

• pigeonhugger
    pigeonhugger Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Not sure about greek yoghurts but mayeb try a natural yoghurt. Its cheeper and less sugar. Top with nuts and seeds or have chopped fruit woth yoghurt on top.
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always go over the 25g per day because I eat fruit and dairy, but NO processed foods. I think fructose and lactose are totally fine at this point of my journey. I'm not a bodybuilder trying to get below 15% bodyfat. I am trying to be healthy and lose weight. It's way better to eat fructose and lactose than processed sugars. So I'm fine with that. It's still healty, don't worry about that!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The sugar listed are the limits for added sugar, but then they count all sugars. As long as you are not over-eating on carbs and getting enough fiber, you are fine.