level 2 30DS....couldn't make it :(

Options
I began doing level 2 on 30ds and it killed me! I really couldn't make it...I did level 1 for 11 days and I thought I would be good because by day 8 I was doing really well and only struggled with the non-beginners push-up exercise. But after five minutes of level 2 i gave up and did level one again. I'm going to go with level one for another ten days I think, and then maybe i'll pluck up the courage to go to the next level. I can only imagine what level 3 is going to be like... did any of you have difficulty changing levels?

Replies

• ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of level 1, so I haven't tried moving up. But from everything I've read about it, level 2 is killer, and level 3 seems to be everyone's favorite. If I were you I'd keep trying to do level 2 until you get through it. Good luck! I'll be there before too long.
  • adila1979
    adila1979 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I should indeed try again, but I felt a little disheartened, to be honest....I'll see how it goes the next couple days.
  • denny36
    denny36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try and continue on tomo on level 2, i am on day 3 level 2 and really thought i'd judt give up BUT today i seemed to be able to manage it a bit better, i can't do all the exercises correctly but i do them as best i can. I was the same starting level 1 and i got through that, stick with it. My scales is saying only 2lbs loss but i was wearing clothes today that i was squeezed into a few weeks ago so give it a go again tomo and see how you get on, I am 2 days ahead of you so add me if you like and i can tell you if it starts getting easier as the days go on.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    IMO level 3 is easier than level 2!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I hate level 2. It's hard, but I felt the same way about Level 1 just gotta get used to it, I suppose.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is HARD! It's a huge step up from level 1 IMO. I'm on day 6 of level 2 and I still feel like every workout is a struggle! Try to stay with it though, you'll thank yourself later
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I began doing level 2 on 30ds and it killed me! I really couldn't make it...I did level 1 for 11 days and I thought I would be good because by day 8 I was doing really well and only struggled with the non-beginners push-up exercise. But after five minutes of level 2 i gave up and did level one again. I'm going to go with level one for another ten days I think, and then maybe i'll pluck up the courage to go to the next level. I can only imagine what level 3 is going to be like... did any of you have difficulty changing levels?

Modify your moves, so you are still doing them but not full out. I understand your feelings because when I did 30DS a while back I gave up because of all of the planks in L2. I wish I would've just modified and kept going.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Pause it if you have to, just don't stop.

Once you've phoned it in once, it becomes easier to do twice, and thrice...and then you just quit.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It is hard but just modify and over time you will build up to it!!
  • jo_dibs
    jo_dibs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! I just did level 2 today for the first time also and I thought I was going to die! Mind you, I just ran 4 miles last night so I thought for sure I wouldn't have a problem. It's hard though.

I think the only way you're going to get better at it is to keep doing it! Going back to level 1 isn't going to make you better a the level 2 moves. Different moves and different muscles. It's like starting at the beginning. Even if you're not doing if perfect, just keep going. I struggled, but I just did everything slow, and stopped for a second if I had to. Tomorrow I will do better, and I know you will too!!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of lvl 1 so that's encouraging, i'll get the oxygen on standby :$
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Honestly.....I DESPISE Level 2. I loved level 1....but when I got to level 2, it put a damper on my spirits! Probably because I can't keep up without the modified versions! So I did end up taking a 4 day break from the shred once I got to level 2 day 8 because my knees and ankles were getting to a point I couldn't walk without a stagger. So, I am going to start and finish the shred hopefully. Yep, it's hard, but I think it'd be better to keep going and push through, and not quit like I did! I don't feel happy or proud of myself having slacked off so much.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I am on level 3 and i think it is much easier than level 2. If i knew at the start what i know now i would have continued with level 1 until i needed barely any modifications, then moved to level 2 and stayed till i needed no modifications then moved on. Even though i am at level 3 using 8 pound weights i am thinking of starting over with level 1 and 5 pound weights and staying till no modifications needed and doing the same with levels 2 and 3.
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have done level 2 for 2 days now, and it is a killer! Lots of plank-position exercises!! This is my second time doing the shred, so I was a little more prepared for what was coming ( I did it about a year ago, too). Keep with it. There is no shame in staying with level 1 for a while longer....that level is pretty brutal too, and you should get great results with it.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I agree.

This. But stick at level 2, it is tough but also where I noticed the most change!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16, so that makes day 6 of Level 2. It is MUCH harder, I agree. I have to drop to my knees sometimes during some of the plank poses, and I am always dripping with sweat and breathing very heavilly, but I somehow manage to get through it. Some days are a little easier than others, I would think I'd be better at it now that I'm 6 days in, but it's still difficult. I think that's a good thing though, if it's easy then you're not really working as hard right? I encourage you to try Level 2 again, maybe do one day of that and then go back to level 1 and switch up like that? Good luck to you and your shredding :-)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    If level 2 had a face, I'd b**** slap the hell out if it. I hate it. Ive done 3 days of it but I'm not noticing much progress at all. I think I'll be on it longer than the 10 days.

I feel you, girl.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for 2 months. No lie.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements,that will inspire you! I hated level 1! I can't wait to come back from vacation and do it all over again and see how much stronger I am.