To all you big losers, how long before...

Options
2»

Replies

• ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs and I don't notice a difference, and my clothes don't fit any different. :( 40 more to lose.... and it can't come fast enough!
    I do notice tho, with better eating ...I feel great :)
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    I don't know if I would call me a "big loser" as I only have lost 50 lbs,

50 seems like a lot to me. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I noticed after I passed 15 pounds that my pants were getting longer. Not that my pants were growing but my body was shrinking so that they were fitting as they were supposed to and not like a sausage casing...

Good luck to you! Remember to make this the most fun you've ever had!!!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Funny isn't it how people react when you lose weight. I'm a slow loser. I've lost 18 lbs since may 2012 and 25 lbs since starting MFP. I'm down from size 16 pants to ten. And the common question I get from everyone who hasn't seen me in a while is "did you do something different with your hair?" :huh:
    I'm a big girl 5'10 so it probably will take me losing another 10 lbs before its "properly noticed".
    Just keep going. In a year from now you'll be feeling amazing. Stick with MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    for me it took about 10% of my body weight lost before i noticed it myself. i also took side shots every 25 lbs or so that i lost. but i really started getting comments in the past month or so by people i havent seen or talked to in the past year. its been a good reminder to myself to stick with it when i get somebody that says "wow!" lol. just gotta keep on keeping on!!! :drinker:
  • twosocks09
    twosocks09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have done a great job of losing weight. I am on my 1st week with my fitness pal but I having been working at it since the end of May. As of this morning I have lost 10 lbs. I haven't taken pictures but I have measurements. Where are the websites that teach/show you how to measure correctly?
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For me people could see a difference after 4 weeks. For me to see a difference it took a couple of months
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The bigger you start out, the more weight you would need to lose to really 'notice'. I think in addition to weighing yourself, you should also take measurements, because there will come a time when you don't see much of a loss on the scale and get frustrated but the measurements will tell a different story. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :)

Good Luck!!
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    People started noticing at about 15lbs, but to be honest I still sometimes battle to see it! I can see the difference in photos and my clothes are definitely falling off, but just looking at myself I dont really see it (apart from my face)
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I would tie my shoes and get wheezy while doing it. Sometimes it would feel like my lungs were being collapsed and I would burn up, it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I would say when I could tie my shoes and that feeling was not their.

I've lost 29lbs since 6/20 of this year and I hope to keep getting the crazy numbers. I have not always been overweight, I still feel like I'm in my low 200's, even if that was 4 years ago. I'm pushing myself to at least be in the 240/250 range by the end of the year and hopefully by late next spring I will have hit my goal weight of 190lbs.

Send a friend request my way, I could always have another person in my friends list.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    After about 25 lbs I noticed a huge difference. After 50 lbs I had to empty my entire closet and start fresh. Now I can't keep things that fit after about 3-5 lb loss b/c all that's really left is around my tummy so I drop a size every 5 lbs. LOL Good luck buddy!! Keep it up!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 pounds and stand 5'4. I really started to notice at about 20 to 25 pounds. It took almost 40 for my family I hadn't told that I was changing my lifestyle to notice. I didn't really notice in the mirror as fast as others did, but i noticed things around me more. How a seatbelt started to feel comfortable, or sitting in a chair I had more room. Those little things were some of my biggest motivators and kept me going. Good work on your weight loss, 8 pounds is amazing :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't lost much at all in terms of pounds, but I've lost some serious inches and people are complimenting me left and right. I still don't always see it. But sometimes if I'm wearing an outfit I wore a few weeks ago, I'll catch a glimpse of myself and notice differences.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    20lbs before I noticed it in my clothes and 30ish before people started noticing. I was also able to go down a size in clothes after 30 lbs, which is probably why others started to notice.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Saggy pants was my indicator lol using a belt was next. I was 357 when I started so finding old favorite pairs of clothes was great. Don't worry about how much weight you lose before you start seeing results, just stick to it and it will come. It's a great surprise to have, it will happen.
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me people started noticing with just a 10lb loss. My start weight was 164. I am now 148. I want to lose about 15lbs more, I am also 5'3 in height. I think what worked for me is the toning from exercise more noticeable than the actual weight loss. Clothes that I could never put on now fit and even starting to get loose on me. The bigger you are the more you will loose vs. someone who is smaller. Don't get discouraged you will see a difference. The hardest part is the first few weeks because you want to see results so quickly. Believe me if you keep up the good work you will. Good luck!!
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It actually took me loosing 50 lbs before I really started noticing a difference. Of course I was extremely big. Just keep going and as others have said, take pictures. I look at old pictures of me now and can't believe the difference.
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started at 252 and lost 7 lbs the first week. People at work noticed immediately because I think the first 10 lbs was lost from my face. I look like I've lost more weight than I actually have. I haven't kept track of inches lost but in January I was wearing 24W and now I'm wearing 12. I'm going down about one size every two/three weeks.
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a "big loser" yet but I've been at this since January and people started noticing around late April at which point I had lost about 15-20 lbs. I still don't see a difference at all though and am still wearing the same clothes comfortably.