long hill climb

Options
Good morning,
I am starting my weight loss journey again today! I lost 70 pounds. I was exercising and enjoying all kinds of activies. Living life to the fullest.
I started to experince some ankle issues which lead to three operations and a lot of sitting. I lost my confidence and the desire to work hard at living a healthy life style. I am looking for support as I climb back up the mountain to the top.

Replies

• nicolem1008
    Options
    Good morning. It can be really difficult when we do so well and then we have to deal with injuries, surgeries, etc. I understand the losing confidence part! Good luck in your journey. I too have a long hill to climb-I used to be in great shape and only in the past 5 years or so I have become someone I don't recognize at all with zero confidence. I am more motivated than ever to get my body, my life and my confidence back. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have been hiking up the down escalator through my 40's just to stay the same chubby flabby but under size 20 self. When I was in weight watchers I called it "premature maintenance." I haven't figured out how to change from the person who is avoiding something to the person who makes it happen. It's not that I don't have the tools - it's that I am afraid of injury and afraid of sweat.

When I do put that fear asde, though, it feels really good - touching your knees to your nose, hiking 5 miles, jumping into a pool. Thanks for helping me remember that!