What's your excuse?

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I don't really think it is that dangerous. What is going to happen? As long as she knows her limits and doesn't work to complete failure, I don't really see what could happen. The weights fly off the bar and hit the baby? Maybe I am just not seeing what could go wrong? It is inspiration though. And her baby is seeing her as a first hand example of what dedication and working out is, so the baby is already learning great skills from its mother.
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    Awesome!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    That is good determination, but none-the-less dangerous!

I'd say with those biceps and thighs, that baby is safer than I am when I walk.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    I would guess she was in more danger of an accident on her way to the gym than working out with the kid on the back. More power to her. Guess I have no excuse not to work out now.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!!!
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    lol Her gym must not have a daycare and a kids gym.

Why don't you just use your kid as a weight? That's what I do! It's called airplane at my house and my 3yo loves it lol

You know, there are plenty of exercises you can do along side your child, that seems just dangerous.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like this...as an inspirational photo (breaking mommy stereotypes). I wouldn't actually lift with my child on my back.

Same, I'd be afraid of dropping a weight on the child's head by accident (I'm clumsy, don't want to risk it). But I think baby wearing while doing safer activities is great, e.g. walking. It's like wearing a weighted vest, and your child gets to see lots of interesting things and spend time with you.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I saw someone fall off their bike once carrying a child on their back, the baby broke it's arm.

But of course she knows what she is doing.... what could possibly go wrong :ohwell:

My gym would not allow this, ever.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    lol Her gym must not have a daycare and a kids gym.

Why don't you just use your kid as a weight? That's what I do! It's called airplane at my house and my 3yo loves it lol

You know, there are plenty of exercises you can do along side your child, that seems just dangerous.

I do that too, they like being "dumbbells" and I can do bench and shoulder presses with them lol. I don't let them near me when I'm using actual dumbbells, once I dropped one on the floor and it made a dent in the ceramic tiled floor we have, well if my child had been there... you get the idea! Did I mention that I'm clumsy lol...