So scared I am going to gain it alllll back now.

Options
My boyfriend and I broke up last night. We have been together over 3 years, he's my 1st love. But we have been doing long distance the whole time, and the PLAN was, he gets out of the Army in spring, moves home,then he reenlisted last week, and while i am so so proud of him, i knew it was going to break us up and it did. Neither of us can handle 4 more years long distance, and i can not move to where he is stationed. So now I am afriad i am going to gain all my weight back. LAst time we broke up i gained over 30 pounds in 4 months! I have finally lost weight and am so happy..what if i lose that too?

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    You have total control over whether that happens or not. If you choose to keep it off and maintain your new lifestyle/eating habits, you can. If you choose to stop paying attention to what, when, how much you eat, then it might very well all come back. But YOU have the power to make that decision.

And I'm so sorry about the relationship :brokenheart: . I wish you the best in the future...
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Don't resort to eating comfort foods at this times. Focus your emotions on something constructive. When something goes wrong with me I get out and walk and walk and walk - till I get my emotions back into perspective.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It's all up to you. You can maintain the weight loss through careful diet and exercise, or you can go off your program because of emotional upset and gain weight back. It's completely your decision to make.

Whether you have a BF or not,,, nobody is going to come to your house and stuff cheesecake down your gullet. If you eat too much it'll be because you picked food up and put it in your mouth. You are not an idiot, and you are not a child - you are a grown woman with control of your own actions. So - if you don't want to do that, then don't do it. :smile:

<<Sounds easy don't it? I know it's not that easy, but I know you can do it.>>
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    Don't let this interfere with your success! You know, as well as I, that eating for emotional/anger reasons only hurts ourselves. It doesn't solve anything.

Be strong...you can do this! :heart: