Before & After

2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Sorry to hijack a thread but to nolachick, exercising 6 times a week might be excessive. How long do you exercise for and at what intensity? Have you been eating any of the calories you have been burning?

Also, I looked at your profile and you don't have a large amount of weight to lose. So it will come off slowly. In fact 4lbs in 4 weeks is quite remarkable considering the amount you need to lose. So don't get discouraged. Remember weight is just a number. Your health and happiness is what is truly important.:wink:
  • This is my 4th week and have only lost 4lbs.
    Ok so first of all great job Eva! :drinker: You look fantastic and are an inspiration to all of us! Thank you for posting your photos and progress month over month. I hope it shows others what realistic, healthy weightloss looks like. :flowerforyou:

On that note, 4lbs in 4 weeks is very good progress, look at Eva's progress each month. To be healthy weightloss takes time and patience. From personal experience, at most I lost 10lbs in a month (when I was 255lbs). In general, I lose about 3-5lbs in a month. Stick with it! You will get there:happy:

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: YOU, KAT!!!!!!!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!
    You look great. you have great advice, but some for me is hard to follow. I don't like tea so I have to drink coffee. (Unless you count iced tea which is loaded with sugar)

I was weighing in weekly but I will buy a measuring tape and do that instead cuz the scale is driving me crazy right now and I'm about to be discouraged. This is my 4th week and have only lost 4lbs.
    So tomorrow will be my last weigh in and I'll count that as my October weight. Wish me luck.

I am exercising 6x a week tho so that shud be helping. I drink all my water, and 1 cup of coffee. I think I'm getting enough fruits and veggies but perhaps too many carbs? will put my food diary to public so u can comment on it.

Thanks!!!!
    4 lbs in one month is great. I only lose 2lbs at the most in a month. So you should be pround of yourself.
  • Well

I know it takes hard work to get there. I've have lost 13kg in the past 3 months. We all have our off days but is what you do ABOUT IT what realy counts
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!

4 lbs in one month is great. I only lose 2lbs at the most in a month. So you should be pround of yourself.

Thanks. but my goals are 2lbs a week thats why I'm kind of disappointed. but u are right. I shud be happy with my results.

PS. ur boys are adorable!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member

Thanks. but my goals are 2lbs a week thats why I'm kind of disappointed. but u are right. I shud be happy with my results.

With the amount you have to lose this goal is unrealistic. Sorry I know that sounds harsh but you are going to continue to be dissapointed if this is what you are expecting each week. Better to have healthy, realistic goals and meet them, then to have unrealistic goals that cause frustration, dissapointment and chip away at your will power. Just my opinon. :flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Eva... way to go girl! You look GREAT! That gives me some encouragement! I really like your advice on weighing yourself just once a month. Although, much easier said than done! I get those moments where I'm feeling good and everything is fitting nice, so I'm like "Hey, Lets step on the scale", and then my disappointment sets in because the scale doesn't look any different than the last time!! :noway: But, I am going to try. Maybe I'll start weighing myself once every 2 weeks, and gradually spread it out further, since right now it tends to be a few times in a week...ugh!

YOU INSPIRE ME!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!

Awww..thanks.
  • CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!

Sorry, Chickie, the AVERAGE is 1 pound a week. It won't kill you, and you're NOT going to die if you weigh yourself once a month! Also, I just commented on your food diary :happy: Blessings!

Eva
  • Eva... way to go girl! You look GREAT! That gives me some encouragement! I really like your advice on weighing yourself just once a month. Although, much easier said than done! I get those moments where I'm feeling good and everything is fitting nice, so I'm like "Hey, Lets step on the scale", and then my disappointment sets in because the scale doesn't look any different than the last time!! :noway: But, I am going to try. Maybe I'll start weighing myself once every 2 weeks, and gradually spread it out further, since right now it tends to be a few times in a week...ugh!

YOU INSPIRE ME!!! WAY TO GO!!!

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I CONVERTED another "lady" to weigh herself once a month!!!! But, I'll take once every two weeks :wink:

Thanks, Kick for being your inspiration and motivator!! :flowerforyou: Blessings!

Eva
  • KismetHot
    KismetHot Posts: 26 Member
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Way to go Eva, sounds like you've got it all down and congrats for being strong at the office, i know its hard. :grumble:

I live in pa and now that its cold i'm back inside at the gym since its too cold for me to walk outside. What do you do to pass an hour (!!!) walking the track inside. I try but after 30 min i'm so bored and its so easy to stop. :noway:
  • Way to go Eva, sounds like you've got it all down and congrats for being strong at the office, i know its hard. :grumble:

I live in pa and now that its cold i'm back inside at the gym since its too cold for me to walk outside. What do you do to pass an hour (!!!) walking the track inside. I try but after 30 min i'm so bored and its so easy to stop. :noway:

Thanks, PA! One of the ladies that I bumped in the laides room while getting dressed to return back to work after my work out said, "You're not going to O'Day?". Nope! I don't need the Bar-B-Que besides, after working out as much as I do I cannot do that to myself! :happy:

Wear your Sony walkman headsets, I do! You want to do 1 hour of cardiovascular. You can do 30 minutes on the stationary bike and then 30 minutes on the treadmill and/or the stairmaster. I LOVED doing the stairmaster! Chew gum also while wearing your headsets. I bought mine from Target for $39.99. It has the time I walk, beeps when I've worked out an hour, AM/FM, arm strap and strap for my hip.

Also, don't forget to eat your apple (or handful of walnuts w/a mini box of raisins, OR soup, OR yogurt) 30 minutes before you work out. Why? "They are packed with high-quality carbohydrates, which provide a quick source of fuel for your muscles, but they have just enough protein and fat to help you maintain a steady, elevated energy level" (source: Prevention Magazine April 2007).

AFTER your work out, drink a protein shake (Slimfast, Special K, EAS Myoplex, etc). Why? "After a workout, your muscles need protein to repair microscopic muscle tears, plus another shot of carbs to help restock energy stores. Cyclists who drank it after a tough racing session had improved endurance and recovered fast than those who drank an ordinary sports drink (which supplies carbs and electrolytes, but no protein)" (Source: Prevention Magazine April 2007).

Drink 64 oz of water a day and stretch 5 minutes before and/after your work out. Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks, Hot! And congrats on YOUR 17lb weight loss. :flowerforyou: Blessings!

Eva
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!