Weight Measurement

Options
My weight seems to vary about five pounds over the course of the day. In the morning, it is at a minimum. I take weight measurements at 8.30 am, before having anything to eat or drink. I only take measurements once a month, or if I visit the doctor. I subtract 2 lb for the weight of clothing, so that the weight is actually that of a person with no shoes, wearing shorts and a tee-shirt. This is how I come up with the figure for myfitnesspal. Any Comments?

Replies

• 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Nobody wants to hear what I have to say when it comes to a scale. People are emotionally connected to a scale and therefore do not want to hear the truth, but I will say it anyways.

The scale is meaningless. Throw it away. Relieve the stress of dieting by not trying to reach a number on a scale. Do not let 3 little digits control your emotions and life.

Base your success off your measurements, the way you feel in life, how you look in the mirror, and the way your clothes fit. That is what matters.

Best of luck to you.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You've just said that your weight fluctuates throughout the day like every other person on Earth. What kind of comments would you like?
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You've just said that your weight fluctuates throughout the day like every other person on Earth. What kind of comments would you like?

wow really wasnt necessary. wouldve been better not to comment
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I don't way throughout the day, but personally I find weighing daily helpful, and that is after years of not weighing because someone said I shouldn't! (I'm easily swayed)
    Anyway, here's an interesting article http://thisisnotadiet-itsmylife.com/2012/02/19/making-peace-with-the-scale-why-i-weigh-myself-daily/

At the end of the day use it as a tool, not something that determines your quality of life and self esteem xx