Not sure how many calories to eat

CeeSeaEm
CeeSeaEm Posts: 38 Member
Hi all!!

I have been using myfitnesspal for about 60 days now. I typically eat 1200 calories a day. I will admit that when I first started using the app, I barely ate 1,000 calories. I'm sure that my body was in starvation mode because of this. I recently started working out and I burn anywhere from 430 to 599 calories. However, I still only consume about 1200 calories per day. So I usually end up with about 600 to 760 net calories a day. My question is, am I eating enough? Is it ok that I consume at least 1200 calories a day even though I burn most of them working out? Or should I make sure that I eat the extra calories each day? It doesn't seem like the scale is moving and I am wondering if I am sabotaging my own progress.

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    You should make sure that your intake minus exercise calories is 1200 calories per day. Your body needs that much just to make all of its metabolic transactions. If not, you could start to get sick. How are you feeling?
  • CeeSeaEm
    CeeSeaEm Posts: 38 Member
    Hi!

Thank you for responding. I feel fine. Some times in the morning I feel a little light-headed but after I eat an apple, I feel fine enough to do my workout. I was worried that I wasn't eating enough. I truly don't know how I will be able to eat an additional 400 to 600 calories a day because I already feel stuffed. I will try though.