Protein Powder Suggestions

Options
CrazyAnne
CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
Any suggestions on a powder that is good for women?

Replies

• CrazyAnne
    Options
    Need to Bump this......
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    I don't know whats good or not, but I use Designer Whey Strawberry. Tastes pretty good!
  • katrreid
    katrreid Posts: 1
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is good (for a whey)...

I suggest a whey bc it's high in protein and low in carbs in fat. Great way to get extra protein! There are other blends out there, but they will have more carbs and less protein.

I make mine and suck it down! My 2.5 year old daughter drinks it too. She thinks it's a treat :-)

Good luck!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Here's a very good one

http://www.educohealth.com/index

It's called ProFemme and is only available in Ireland but I love it.
  • Ezekiel37
    Ezekiel37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try Shakeology
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/tkophie

Ophie is a great person. She went through a huge nutrition makeover. It wasn't a quick miracle program. She swears by these shakes (protein and nutrients) and the group exercises that she does.

You can also check her out on facebook. Her facebook name is Ophelia Conquet.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

I suggest a whey bc it's high in protein and low in carbs in fat. Great way to get extra protein! There are other blends out there, but they will have more carbs and less protein.

I make mine and suck it down! My 2.5 year old daughter drinks it too. She thinks it's a treat :-)

Good luck!

Double Rich Chocolate can trick you into thinking you are having chocolate milk.
  • flyuk
    flyuk Posts: 28
    Options
    Buy pure whey in bulk, add flavouring as required. Then you can be sure to have control over what you eat. I buy instatised 90% Whey Protein and mix it with skimmed milk witha few drops of banana flavouring. Cheap, tasty and healthy.

:)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey suggestion. I use Double Rich Chocolate mixed with two cups of Silk's unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it's delicious! It really tastes like chocolate milk and isn't too bad calorie-wise.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Another Optimum Nutrition user here...I use the Vanilla Ice cream flavor right now. Mix it with almond milk and whatever fruit I can get my hands on...will definitely try the double chocolate next time..
  • livetothebeatYOLO
    Options
    I prefer Sunwarror Warrior blend in vanilla, it's sugar free, raw and vegan. I don't like to drink protein powder, but this works great in protein pancakes, oats and baking!
  • CrazyAnne
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will check some of them out. :wink:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I'm gonna agree with this one. I love ON. Best one I have tried. Pro Performance is good as well. Stay away from the high Carb ones like GNC Lean. All that sugar doesn't help anyone.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    there are no protein powders "for women". anything marketed that way is a rip off preying on uneducated people. no offense :-) get any ol' whey that's low fat and low carb. Optimum Nutrition extreme milk chocolate whey is my favourite, tastes really good.
  • kimberlyrachelle
    Options
    I drink It Works ProFIT each morning & LOVE it!

https://kimwrapsthefat.myitworks.com/Shop/Product/933

I have also drank Visalus shakes before & liked them too...
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    I agree with the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey suggestion. I use Double Rich Chocolate mixed with two cups of Silk's unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it's delicious! It really tastes like chocolate milk and isn't too bad calorie-wise.

There seem to be quite a few recos for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Anybody have the calorie count for a scoop handy?
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options

There seem to be quite a few recos for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Anybody have the calorie count for a scoop handy?

It's 130 calories for a 32g scoop, with 24g of protein and only 4g carbs (and only 1 of those grams is sugar). Many other protein powders have the same stats, it's kind of the lowest calorie and highest protein per weight you can go, but I recommend ON especially because it's DELICIOUS. To me there's no point chugging down something disgusting when it's just protein and you could eat a chicken breast or can of tuna instead.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I use Syntha-6 chocolate shake for no other reason except it's delicious. Well, it does help for when I'm on the go too.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    PlantFusion in chocolate is pretty good!
  • clarsah2
    Options
    Nutiva - Organic Hemp Protein Hi-Fiber Superfood Protein Powder

I like this one. It has one ingredient, hemp protein.

Its nothing but fiber and protein. Also you don't have the phytoestrogen issues that soy bases protein mixes create.

I get the plain and mix it in my morning smoothie.