Fish for those who hate fish.

Options
ambisweet
ambisweet Posts: 25
Ok honestly, I cannot stand the taste or smell of fish.
In fact, the only fish I could stand to eat were those frozen fish sticks when I was a child and those are far from healthy!
And ideas on how to make fish and tuna (eww) bearable?

Replies

• teally13
    teally13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'd don't like fish either and I've tried to hide it in food but it doesn't work for me. Instead I have Udo's Choice Ultimate Blend Oil for my omega 3, 6 and 9.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    For tuna- if you put it in a light macaroni salad recipe its a lot better
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I used to litterally puke over the smell of canned tuna. Now I cannot eat enough of it! I'm hooked on tuna salad (light), Fishcakes (YUM!) and fish filletes on the grill! Lemon pepper salon filletes oh mouth is watering now! I picked up at my local grocery store some salmon burger patties. Gonna fire up the grill and try these tonight.

Most fist sticks are just breaded cod. Maybe try off with some cod filletes? Cod is a rather (tasteless) fish. But still good for you. Fish is so good over all.

Avoid catfish its like rubber lol.

Lake fish like Walleye and Northern are really good Norther is a really "Fishy" tasting fish though.

Perch or ocean perch are great as well. Honestly fish is only as good as you season it. I love spice myself and flavor so I season the **** out of everything I cook.
  • ambisweet
    ambisweet Posts: 25
    Options
    I may have to try some cod!
    Ugh, catfish is pretty much what my family eats all of the time, haha.