Returning to stay in control after CABG

Options
Was away for about 30 months. Lost about 70#. Now I am back to check a slide and lose about 20 more. Was running but injured my achilles tendon. SInce I dance, I have to give up running - and hope it heals. A recent CABG survivor, I feel like one of the lucky ones. Just saying hi here. Any other CABG survivors? Dancers?

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    What does CABG mean?
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    none of those but I have achilles tendonitus in both heels and have done for 9 months so excericise for me is painfull and difficult. I also have tendonitus in my big toes amongst other health issues and have alot to lose. Feel free to add me if youd like
  • richx
    richx Posts: 13
    Options
    What does CABG mean?

Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. I had a quad - 4 days after my regular 7 mile run. Surprised me and my doc.
  • richx
    richx Posts: 13
    Options
    So help me out here ... how do I add you? As a friend here.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add :)
  • Mister_Roy
    Mister_Roy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Similar to you, I had a 'surprise' heart op - x5 CABG about 2.5 years ago when I was 48. I had lost a stone when I came out, which put me towards the bottom of my ideal weight - bonus! So, I've concentrated on avoiding 'bad' fats and not worried about total calories. But recently I've noticed a bit of a gut developing, and that stone has come back, so I'm aiming to get it back down again as well as keeping to low-cholesterol healthy diet.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    2 Stents for me and I do not want any more.

Some of the drugs give me a hard time so by dropping weight I hope to reduce the amount I have to take. The stents mean that I will never be off them completely but I want to drop the amount.