Anyone Else Having a Slow Weight Loss Journey Like Me?!

Options

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's not unreasonably slow. My only suggest if you want to try and speed it up would be to increase your exercise and be consistent with it. You don't mention working out, are you?
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Been on since October and have lost 43lbs so far. It's slowed down coming off the last couple of months, but I'm not worried. As long as it keeps going down and not up, it's all good. Of course, I would like it to go faster, but, as others have said, I want this for the long term. I'm eating less, eating more of the right things, and moving more. My exercise of choice was and is walking. I have been taking my beautiful dog out with me for a daily 3 mile walk, bought myself a treadmill for when the weather does not allow outside walking and also bought Leslie Sansone's Walk Off the Pounds DVD which I absolutely love (been doing mostly the 3 mile walk with a stretchy band, but also have done the 4 mile walk) and have been doing over going to the treadmill or walking in the heat and humidity we have had in NYC. Right now if I hit my first goal of 60lbs by October, the 1 year anniversary of being on MFP, I'll be happy. Of course, I'd be even happier if I hit it earlier, but I'm still losing, eating right and moving so it's all good :)
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mine is SLOW. But I know why - I am not doing the work.
    I am recommitting a new start date August 1 with my husband. I am going to do 20 minutes of intentional exercise 20 minutes a day 5 days a week, doing McDougall's maximum weight loss diet. I am really excited about it, as my husband has agreed to do 30 days with me.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have been here 50 days. I have almost lost a whole pound.:happy:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 250 days today and I have lost 17.5lbs, you aren't the only one.

And I bust my *kitten* every week.
    Weigh all my food
    No fast food, very little processed food
    Count every calorie
    Cardio 5 times a week
    Lifting 3 days a week

Still slow as molasses.
    I've learnt, your body won't always do what you want it to
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I think that i am just now going into slow mode. Not sure why. First month i lost 17lbs. Second month i lost 11 pounds. Im just done my first week in month Three and the scale hasent budged. Frustrating!! We just have to keep at it and make some tweaks here and there to get it started in the right direction again. Dont give up! It will come off if you keep doing the right things.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    It's not unreasonably slow. My only suggest if you want to try and speed it up would be to increase your exercise and be consistent with it. You don't mention working out, are you?

Yup, sure am exercising.

I do 30 day shred as of right now.. on day 18 of it.
    I also do a bit extra on the side - yoga // zumba // running

Usually around 25-30 min of exercise a day, not much but I work 50+ hrs a week.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been here since mid-Jan..6 months and only 25 lbs gone. But it's better than 0 lbs...

It gets frustrating though.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady = weight loss that stays off!! I know it sucks, but patience is the ultimate virtue when it comes to weight loss... I've been working on mine since jan 2011 and i'm still 10 pounds away from my goal....
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight v ery slowly - because I have a disability and can not excercise strenuously. So caloric numbers are ok but I'm not burning it off. I;ve lost 12lbs but need to lose 7 more and I can't. Some days I want to chuck it all - but that would not be productive. I can't do too much more than what I'm doing know - but hey I'm doing something!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    OOH! ME ME ME ME!!!!

I started this journey at 165 LAST MAY, lost a few pounds, then I got the depo parvo shot and gained a 'magical' 20lbs in Febuary, 2012 (that's right - 20lbs in ONE MONTH without a change in eating or exercise.)

It's been 6 months and I have only lost between 9-11lbs (depending on the day). I'm so royally p.o'd.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Very slow loser. :/ My body seems to fight me tooth and nail for every quarter lb. I think I'm just an easy keeper. :) I work out hard and eat pretty well, so it is frustrating. I've tried to change it up in all kinds of ways, but nothing has helped to speed it up. Every day is progress though. Good luck!
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me too, for the last few months I have been fighting with the same darn 3 pounds. I lose it one week, regain the next and so forth. Very frustrating but I'd rather fight with 3 than fight with 20. :)
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, like watching paint dry! I am determined though. I have been successful in inches and toning, just not what I want on the scale. I wish I had taken measurements in the beginning. I havent lost any for 3 weeks, actually gained 2-3 pds, but as of this morning they were off and I was actually down 0.2, big whoop! I didnt log it. I have worked my but off, made some questionable choices, but they are what they are and some things I will not give up- especially the rest of my life. I want this to be forever. When I got my fitbit 4 weeks ago, it really kicked and I lost almost 4 pds right away.. and now... Nada!
    As the others say, just watch what goes in - exercise, it will pay off. its why we are all here. ;)
  • jasondcooper
    jasondcooper Posts: 125
    Options
    I agree with those who write that slow weight loss is not a bad thing. It took me about two years to lose 20 pounds and I was still 10 pounds shy of my goal weight. I just couldn't shake that last 10 until I found this site. I finally got there after another two or three months. The pay off is this: I have been able to keep it all off for nearly a year now, in large part because I'm still logging into MFP faithfully every day!

Hang in there. Even in those weeks when you're not dropping pounds, you're still learning how to eat, still repeating good habits and continuing to build toward making a permanent lifestyle change. You can do it!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good to me.

I started about the same time, I have lost twice as much but I have also cut my calories a whole lot more. I started netting 1000 calories/day, and I have slowly increased it to 1200 net right now.

I am not advocating lowering your calories, though, its something that has worked for me and so I have kept going with it.

You are still losing, even if its slow, and you are eating healthy and working out, to me those are all huge successes!!!!!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone, good to see I'm not the only tortoise in this lifestyle change..
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    When I tried to make a realistic goal, I put down 1 lb. per week. Since then I've upped it to 1.5 lbs. LOL Not LIKELY... it's more 0.5 lbs a week. YES, I watch my portions. YES, I exercise. YES, I'm working hard at it. YES, I'm over 1200 calories a day and under 1400 even before the exercising.
    It is what it is.
    A little at a time.
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a month and I only lost a few lbs and just a few weeks ago, I had 9 days where I didn't lose a thing.

I would say bring your carbs down to like 80/90g in a day and bring down your sugar intake for the day to about 28g or less and see if you start seeing some changes. I'm no doctor, but I've read up on a few things. Everything else your doing looks just fine and continue the exercises. Keep doing what your doing, but just add a few tweaks.
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I've been at it since the 1st of March and only joined MFP a few weeks ago. Since March I've only lost about 16 pounds. Arrggh! This past month it's been the same three pounds...gain, then lose, gain, then lose. So frustrating!

I exercise 5x a week at least with a mix of step aerobics for cardio and then weights or a resistance band DVD.