Chocolate protein frozen yogurt

Options
NoxDineen
NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
I just saw this on Tumblr, haven't tried it yet but I will make it later today. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds.

6 oz plain low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
Stevia to taste

Stir until smooth, freeze for 35-45 minutes. Can also be eaten without freezing for a more pudding-esque experience.

(Not much of a recipe but I'm a disaster in the kitchen so it's as much as I'll try, and it does sound delicious.)

Replies

• Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing , it sounds good and i love Greek yogurt . I'm going to make this for dessert tonight.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Might be quite good. Sometimes simple things are the best! X
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bump to hear reviews
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanx very much for posting this. I love simple things in the kitchen. If they aren't simple, I don't try them! I love yogurt too! It's so good for you!
  • scurry12
    scurry12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I do this almost nightly. I add PB2, Cocoa, and/or any of the sugar free jello pudding mixes. I like the PB2/SF Butterscotch Jello Pudding combo the best. I really look forward to it!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Eating it now!

I didn't have stevia so I uses 2 tsp of Splenda. It's still semi-sweet so if you love things really sweet 1 more tsp is probably wise. I left it for 50 min or so in the freezer and that's as long as you'd want to freeze it. The yogurt had justvstartednto crystallize. Texture is great, smooth and creamy.

Next time I may add 1/2 tsp natural peanut butter and blend rather than manually stir.
  • CastlegateCrochet
    Options
    That sounds so good!