New and Ready for a Change

Options
eliecia
eliecia Posts: 3 Member
I just signed up for myfitnesspal, I really want to make this work. The weigh started to climb my freshman year of college. Over the past 10 years i have gained over 100lbs. Last week i saw my self in a surgeons office contemplating having a sleeve done. I really want to give a major lifestyle change a try before going through WLS. I want to wholeheartedly say that i gave it my all before seeking help from my surgeon. Looking to make friends with supportive people and people who need support.

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This site has been super for me. There are so many supportive people here. If you follow what MFP sets our for you. Mostly :) . Healthy choices. And make sure you measure your food properly. Get some exercise every day. Even a little. Don't drink beverages with calories in them. They will not help you feel full. Make sure you ARE hungry before you eat. Get lots of fruits and vegetables, protein and water. It should work for you. : ) Log in every day even if your food counts are over your goals. The only way to know, is to keep track. Logging every day keeps MFP in your mind daily. There's not much chance of ' forgetting ' It becomes a game. A health challenge game. and you're playing with lots of others! Just as interested and dedicated to winning and as friendly as you are. Good luck. :smile:
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good for you for joining this site! It's really helping me. I've become so much more aware of what and how much I eat since joining less than 2 months ago. It's been an education, let me tell you!

Other members' stories are so encouraging. So is entering the exercise I've done - makes me want to do more.

I wish you all the best.