Sprained Ankle

Options
I sprained my ankle at the gym last night. I've never really been hurt before so this really stinks. I'm afraid that I'm going to put on some weight not being able to exercise for a few days. I also am scheduled to do my first 5K on Oct. 31 and not sure if that will happen now. Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to treat a sprain and help it heal more quickly? Thanks for your help. I'm really bummed right now about not being able to exercise and hate sitting around doing nothing.

Replies

• shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I sprained my ankle my years ago and wasn't able to do much for weeks. Depending on the severity of your sprain, sometimes they can be worse then a break.
    I was in middle school when I sprained mine so being lazy on the couch sounded fabulous to me at the time. But if your really worried try doing things that doesn't require your leg. situp, pushups (girly style), grab some hand weights and get going! You can do it, don't let this set you back. Even w/o working out you can still lose weight just pay attention to your calories and stay on track.. :tongue:

Now you can stay on mfp all day and have TONS of encouragment :laugh: