Favorite nutrition/fitness book?

Options
Hi all,

I'd be curious to know- if you had to recommend just one book on nutrition, exercise or both- what would it be? What's been most helpful to you in your journey?

Replies

• ZoobityBop
    ZoobityBop Posts: 22
    Options
    Definitely recommend the Diet Solution Program, written by Isabel Des Los Rios, since it has information on both exercise AND nutrition, not to mention that when all else failed, this book helped get me in the best shape of my life! I found an accurate review on it right here: http://fantasticfitnessreviews.com/the-diet-solution-program-review/

Cheers!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Food Rules and The Omnivore's Dilemma both by Michael Pollan. They both explore the way modern humans produce and consume food, what we're doing incorrectly, and how we can adjust our habits to create a more harmonious and healthy global system.

My other two favorites are on a completely different subject--they are called Runaway Eating and Crave by Cynthia Bulik. She focuses on the origins of disordered eating (specifically binge eating disorder in Crave) and solutions to fix it. They both hit the nail on the head for me as someone who has a borderline eating disorder.