Struggling to find the time

Options
So I need help finding the time to exercise. Or at least ideas to fit it in. I'm a full time working mom to 2 kids 10 & 8, with a very sick husband. I go to work at 7 a.m. And by the time I pick up kids and run a few errands, get their homework done, it's dinner time, then bedtime for kids. I have an hour or 2 in the eve but I can't really go anywhere. Ideas? Suggestions? I've done a lot of walking in the past just looking for more strength training type ideas. I've got a ball and a few weights but no $ to spend on a new program. So need help!

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You will never, ever "find" the time. It won't fall in your lap. You need to schedule into your daily routine - like work, make breakfast, etc - and stick to it.

Bodyrock.tv is your best bet - free, no equipment needed, and it's usually around 20 mins long. I know women who have gotten super toned from this program.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    It's all about the priorities. If you want to do something, you find a way.

If you have Netflix there are lots of workouts on there. Or you can get DVDs from your library. If you can afford them, buy them online or at a big retailer.

Youtube has a bunch, too.

• MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Youtube has alot of videos that others have posted that ive been doing. At least its a preview of a workout video you can invest in. So you wont buy it and not like it. Thats what Ive been doing. And Im busy and dont have any of the legit reasons you have!!!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Gotta make time :) I am a single mom of one 4 year old girl, and I work full time. I get up at 4:30 am to do my work out video before I go to work, then I do my elliptical right after I put m girl to sleep at night :) I never ever saw myself getting up at 4:30am to work out but now, it's a habit. Plus it gives me lots of energy to start off y day :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    For strength, can you do some push ups and squats 10 minutes at a time? Anyone can scrape together 10 minutes here or there. You don't have to do all your exercise at once. You can break it up into 3 sessions of ten minutes every day. There are a lot of 10 minute segmented programs out there that you can do.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Get up an hour earlier. Many people here get up at 5.00am (I get up at 5.30). Where there's a will, there's a way.
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I do have Netflix just don't use it often so I didn't realize there were workout videos on there.
  • megziejo
    Options
    For strength, can you do some push ups and squats 10 minutes at a time? Anyone can scrape together 10 minutes here or there. You don't have to do all your exercise at once. You can break it up into 3 sessions of ten minutes every day. There are a lot of 10 minute segmented programs out there that you can do.

Love the 10 min idea. I do have chunks of time I can use better!
  • megziejo
    Options
    Gotta make time :) I am a single mom of one 4 year old girl, and I work full time. I get up at 4:30 am to do my work out video before I go to work, then I do my elliptical right after I put m girl to sleep at night :) I never ever saw myself getting up at 4:30am to work out but now, it's a habit. Plus it gives me lots of energy to start off y day :)

Ha ha ok I love this! That's exactly how I feel. I can't imagine getting up that early but I'm really thinking to get serious it's what I'm gonna have to do. I've lost 50 through walking and eating right now I've got another 50 to go.

So I'm gonna find some 10 min programs to follow, do at least 1 before I go to work and then 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the eve and then build from there!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Making time for yourself -that's really what you are trying to do - is never easy. One of the things I dois "sneak" in exercise. I park as far away as I can from the office door and the store so I get a few more steps in. I use the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator when there is a choice. I take the long way to the rest room in the office. Anything for some extra steps

Also, include your family in your exercise. I have the best conversations with my son hen we would take a walk together after dinner. You also need to think about what the others have said but if you "sneaking" it in too, you always have something.