I've realized where I mess up...

Options
I do good the first week on any new diet change and I have good results. At the end of that first week, I think about all the times I cheated or didn't choose the best option available but I still lost a decent amount of weight. So then I convince myself that I can keep cheating and keep loosing weight at the same rate as the first week but thats not true. I think I cheat more during week two and then get incredibly discouraged when I don't loose any weight. Weeks three and four continue the pattern to the point where I'm ready to give up "trying" when really I had gone back to my old ways. I know I need to change my mindset and focus on all the positive things I change in week one, but thats a lot easier said than done. ....not sure why I felt like posting this, just something thats been on my mind the past couple days....hopefully it'll help me learn to focus on all the good things I change in week 1 and stick with it from now on.

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    You have to take this one day at a time. You can do it though. Now you know what is wrong and you can move forward. Congrats on recognizing what you need to do..
  • gwen2009
    gwen2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there. Try staying on track mon- fri (or whatever your normal work week is... since it's easier when you're in a routine....and give yourself the weekend as your cheat days... then after a while, cut it down to 1 cheat day per week.... see if that works for you.

Good luck!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Blombie, I totally feel you! OMG! I was doing good for the first MONTH! Then my guy comes to see me and he tries to get me to eat more saying one day won't hurt and I thought I could handle the one day. Well I've been going over on my calories about 4 out of the past 8 days! I've gained 2 lbs, but I"m not sure if it's water weight or weight weight. I hear ya. I hope you can get back on track and that I can get back on track! New medications don't help though!