Pop

Options
This post is for the people who don't drink pop anymore what tricks are you doing to not drinking pop anymore? I want to really stop drinking pop.

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There was no trick. I just stopped. I replaced it with water (flavored water mostly). Stop buying pop. Set yourself up so grabbing water is easy. And don't allow yourself anything else to drink until you get you 8 glasses of water in.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard pop since I lived in Illinois..lol...everyone here calls it soda. I started drinking iced tea ..homemade with a sweetner and more water...plus just looking at the label is enough to make me not want it because I know I'll go over my totals.
  • cutekatie
    cutekatie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't buy it so there is none of it in my house. I always walk around with a water bottle and drink water or Crystal Light. It took a while to get into a routine of ordering water at restaurants, and not diet coke but I haven't had any pop in almost three months.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well I stopped drinking Diet Pepsi in March. I now drink water, ice water, bottled water, and if I really feel daring - water with lemon. So that's how I quit. Don't miss it anymore and feel better for it. Good luck to you!
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Getting off a daily soda (or two) took several years for me, mostly because I didn't start out with the goal of not drinking soda. I first made the switch from regular to diet because the regular was making my teeth hurt more often, and I thought it would help with losing weight.

My teeth did hurt less, but I didn't really lose weight because I didn't make any other changes to my eating.

When I finally decided to stop drinking diet soda multiple times per day it was as part of an overall nutrition change for me. The two most important things I did was to stop bringing diet soda to work, so it's not available for 10 hours a day, and making sure other options were available: ice tea and cold water in the fridge all of the time.

I now go weeks at a time without having a soda. I occasionally have a diet or a regular soda as an indulgence.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i drink water with key limes its so good or sparkling water on ice and add about an ounce of fruit juice just to flavor,iced tea with a slice of watermelon.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just quit. I quit 3 weeks ago today. I've had one small fountain coke since then, and it tasted horrible after drinking mostly water since.

Once I made the decision to quit, I just kept drinking water to flush my system and pushed through the headaches.
  • Stowguy2012
    Stowguy2012 Posts: 111
    Options
    I really want to quit because I mostly only drink mountain dew which is the worst offender

I drink a diet soda every now and then but diet tastes like regular pop to me
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't understand pop addiction, but if it were me, I'd just make the decision to drink something else and then I would drink something else.
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really want to quit because I mostly only drink mountain dew which is the worst offender

whenever you feel like drinking it, drink something else...? Sorry, but there is only one way to do this.
    But I know you can do it! Start immediately! Good luck :)
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I just stopped drinking it.
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    I have not had a soda for two years and two months...Unless it has rum in it. haha No trick, just need to stop and suffer through the headache that comes with withdrawal.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Lots of water and Chia seeds to balance out my mood and provide energy! I quit and extreme Mtn. Dew addiction in June and have moved on to quitting cigarettes now (yay!) am almost to the 30 day mark without cigs! Thank you Chia seeds!!!

Disclaimer: All results were mine and might not necessarily apply to you!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

I was drink up to a case a day.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    No withdrawal for me...and I used to drink a six pack a day, more on weekends.
    I just stopped, now I just drink filtered water or Crystal Lite Peach Tea
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    fizzy/carbonated water is my new soda!
  • dkpk1965
    dkpk1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    water, diet iced tea and poweraide zero is what works for me.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    hubby and i stopped in the new year. we put a wager on it. first to crack would have to a household chore that the other typically does and that the loser hates. and it wasn't just pop, it was all drinks that contain extra sugar or artificial sweeteners, like "juice". we agreed to only drink juice if it was fresh or didn't have extra sugar added.

the first few months (yes months) were tough. but, we're over the hump now.

i drink just plain water or tea. hubby falls back on wine, beer or coffee when need be.

just do it and hang in there. totally worth it to not have those chemical cocktails put in your body
  • morgan_mfit
    morgan_mfit Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just gotta make a change! Make the decision, think about why you're doing it, commit, and when you get tempted remember why your reasons to quit. After awhile the cravings will go away and you will feel SO much better
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I first gave it up, I noticed I really like two things about it- the convenience and the caffeine. So I started getting cases of bottled water and keeping them in the fridge so I could easily grab a water instead. Instead of giving up caffeine cold turkey, I switched to coffee and green tea, sweetened at first then less sweetener until I could have it plain.