32 Pound Loss Before & Afters

Options
Carolyn_79
Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
Last summer my husband and I attended a friend's wedding. I thought I looked pretty good and felt my dress hid my weight pretty well. I was around 185 pounds at the time. The summer passed and I gained a few more and remained in my denial. By Christmas I weighed 191 pounds, the highest I had ever weighed. I was crushed. To add to my depression, our newly married friends brought us a framed photo of us from their wedding. I hated what I saw and realized my dress wasn't hiding anything. It's not the best photo and is a bit blurry but it's all I have. There are no photos from my highest weight because I refused to allow them to be taken.

I made the New Years Resolution to lose weight and get healthy. You know, the one we've probably all made a dozen times before. This time was different though. I had hit my rock bottom and was determined to change. I think hubby was doubtful at first but he soon realized I meant business. He's been extremely supportive the whole way.

The best thing that has come out of my weight-loss so far is my confidence. I like what I see and I don't feel the need to hide.

I'm 5'6 and my starting weight was 191 (188.5 when I joined MFP) and I'm currently 158 pounds. I've eliminated most processed food and try to eat cleaner. I still have a treat on the weekend because you gotta live a little :smile: I started out doing the 30 Day Shred, then Insanity, and I'm currently doing Chalean Extreme with some Insanity on my non-lifting days. I'm still a work in progress but I wanted to share these photos because the new photos are from a wedding my hubby and I just got back from this weekend. The first photo is from the wedding last summer.

Last Summer's Wedding (weight approx. 185 pounds)
AAweddingresize.jpg

This Summer's Wedding (Weight 158 pounds)
MFP1.jpg

MFP2.jpg

Replies

• linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AmAZiNg!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can't see cause I'm at work! But being your friend I have seen you SO dedicated and I've watched the pounds drop week by week. You are doing AWESOME:)
    Congrats on great progress, you look fabulous!
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!!!
  • sockablooie
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • hammelise
    hammelise Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You look freakin hot! And oh my wow I love that dress!!
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing. Congrats on the loss!!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What a big difference. You look so much younger
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look great! You're starting weight is similar to mine, I'm 183 now but can't wait to get to where you are :D
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Great job! And, for what it's worth, I think you look beautiful in your first pic. :)
  • Confident120409
    Confident120409 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    that is amazing. way to go
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    way to go! You look beautiful!
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've accomplished a lot, and your hard work shows. Great inspiration!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Wow!

It's funny because I had a similar experience. Went to a wedding, bought the new dress, thought the same thing. There was a red carpet photo as you entered and the bride sent it with the thank you card. Ugh.

You look fabulous. Love your new dress too. Congrats!
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty! :)
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • brighty2
    brighty2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Way to go!! You look happy and fit.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You look great :)
  • such_nonsense
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! Keep up the good work :)
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Love your dress :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!