Vacation

Options
I am going on holiday next weekend to Turkey with my family.

We end up eating out for EVERY MEAL on family holidays, and I'm really not a salad person. Is there another way to keep a check on my calories. I don't usually drink, so that's not a problem, it's more the food. I don't really have a say on where we eat because I'm with my family as well, and I'm usually quite limited in choice, as I'm veggie, which means I end up having a lot of cheese! :(

Also, can you suggest any good ways of fitting exercise in while away, I won't have any equipment with me? I won't have a pool, and I'm not sure how comfortable I will feel running any distance in a city I don't know, plus, it's going to be hella hot there!

Replies

• lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If I were going to Turkey, I would be walking EVERYWHERE just so I could get a good look at everything! As far as food goes, if I felt unsure about the calorie content, I would not eat the whole portion, and then over estimate calories. But also, it's vacation! As long as you are just aware of your intake, I think there is not much of a chance that you will gain much, or anything. Enjoy yourself!
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Turkey is perhaps one of my top 5 diet friendly countries. Stay away from Raki, limit portions and you should be okay. Especially since you are vegetarian.

Exercise is trickier. I steal my 8 year old's dvd player and manage a 35 minute cardio workout when I am traveling. If you don't have access to a dvd player of any kind, there are short workout videos on youtube that you could use. If you have no access to any electronic equipment, I just do Burpees for as long as I can. Take a rest. And do them again. It is hard but you don't need much space.

The suggestion of walking everywhere was great too.