Frizzy Hair- Need Serious Help!

Options
I have some serious frizzy hair. It is unmanageable and looks very dry. I like my waves, but I'd like my hair to look smooth and kept. I brush it and 10 minutes later (with no activity) it looks like I haven't brished it in weeks! What is the best shampoo or serum that HAS HELPED YOU or that you KNOW will work?
I have been using Tressemme, but it's not doing much.

THIS IS NOT ME, but I found a picture that looks just like my hair:
blog072008-1.jpg

Lol, she looks a little stoned.

Replies

• stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Do you blow dry it? Blow drying gives me frizz. John Frieda makes a lotion-type serum that I like. I've also used an anti-humidity hair spray, but its Treseme.
  • laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have very dry frizzy hair, I never use a brush. l recently started using WEN, and am happy with it. just towel dry add the serum and run my fingers through it. I brush will just add to the frizz.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I am a makeup artist but I also am licensed to do hair.

I never thought I'd see the day when I recommended Suave, but I am in LOVE with their Keratin Infusion shampoo and conditioner.

It has transformed my hair just as well as Kerastase which is very expensive. Love it. Makes my hair smooth, silky, and smells amazing.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a makeup artist but I also am licensed to do hair.

I never thought I'd see the day when I recommended Suave, but I am in LOVE with their Keratin Infusion shampoo and conditioner.

It has transformed my hair just as well as Kerastase which is very expensive. Love it. Makes my hair smooth, silky, and smells amazing.

Great! Thanks!
  • CaztheMermaid
    Options
    try the aussie miracle range, I have tight frizzy waist length ringlets and it seems to tame my hair :) also after you've washed your hair try putting serum on it, leaving it to soak in for 10 minutes before blow drying, or not blow dry at all because that causes frizz too...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I have the same type of hair. I've spent so much time and money on my hair
    over the years. The absolute best product I've found is Kerastase. I use the shampoo, conditioner and the mask. Then before blow drying with a round brush and a GOOD blow dryer (I have the blue Chi), I will put Moroccan oil on towel dried hair. You'll be amazed at how smooth, shiny and healthy your hair will stay. I'm in Houston and this has worked even in this humidity.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I use leave in conditioners. The tresemme ones in particular. And sometimes I just go ghetto and rub some lotion in my hands for a while till there's only a little bit left and run my hands though my hair on the frizzy areas. Works for meeee. Plus my hair ends up smelling like bath and bodyworks! <3

And she looks alot stoned. haha.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i would use an oil serum to reduce frizz or leave a little conditioner in it....do not use a brush on hair just wide tooth comb..
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how often do you wash your hair? If you're a daily washer, you could be drying it out and making frizz worse.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly, but worked for my curly/wavy hair. Stop brushing it. Use a wide toothed comb in the shower, apply a light serum before you leave the shower, and dry it GENTLY with an old t-shirt, let it dry on it's own afterwards or use a blow dryer with a diffuser. But most importantly, step away from the hairbrush!
    Wavy hair is naturally dry, you have to baby it. It is more work, but works! Google the Curly Girl method. It changed my hair's life.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    A trick I've found is to use coconut oil in the shower. I put some on, let it soak in as I do everything else, then shampoo and condition.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love 'It's a 10' keratin products: http://itsa10haircare.com/hairsite/the-line/

The Miracle Leave-In makes my insanely frizzy hair look smooth, glossy and silky. My stylist just introduced me to their products back in March. This is the first summer I don't feel like a frizz-freak! haha
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Stop brushing it. When I straighten my hair, I cannot brush it or else it will poof out. NJ has been like a rain forest this summer so I "plop" my naturally wavy hair and hairspray it to death and it looks like my hair in my profile pic. Go on You Tube and type in "hair plopping" to see how to do it. In the winter if I have more than one day where I'm not doing a really sweaty workout I will straighten my hair with a flat iron but not every day. I used to every day and between the highlighting and flat ironing my hair was breaking off and in HORRIBLE condition. I use Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum in damp hair and then blow it straight and flat iron it. I also use Aveda Elixer leave-in conditioner, which has been discontinued but I bought 3 big vats of it before it got discontinued lol. Another good leave-in is It's a 10 Plus Keratin..helps to smooth the hair cuticle and locks out moisture to a point, but if the humidity is over 60% I have yet to find a product to battle that and I've tried EVERYTHING!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly, but worked for my curly/wavy hair. Stop brushing it. Use a wide toothed comb in the shower, apply a light serum before you leave the shower, and dry it GENTLY with an old t-shirt, let it dry on it's own afterwards or use a blow dryer with a diffuser. But most importantly, step away from the hairbrush!
    Wavy hair is naturally dry, you have to baby it. It is more work, but works! Google the Curly Girl method. It changed my hair's life.

I use an old t-shirt when I "plop" mine, plop for about a half hour then diffuse it for like 15 mins. We musta read the same sites lol
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you have curls or waves, throw away your brush. use a comb and only when your hair is wet. I also use a mousse from Sally Beauty Supply. I wish I could remember the name of it. I just know it comes in a baby blue can. Very moisturizing.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When I leave mine wavy, I towel dry it, put some Moroccan oil in it and let it air dry. I will them only comb it with a wide toothed comb. The only time I brush is with a round brush when blow drying straight.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My hair is the same way and I find argan oil really helps reduce the frizziness. I apply about a quarter-sized amount to the bottom like 13 or 14 inches of my hair and then let it air dry until it's just barely damp and blow dry it with a round brush.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My hair goes frizzy too - here's my best suggestions:
    - don't wash it every day. I only shampoo mine once a week, and rinse it in between to get the sweat out.
    - don't blow dry it. Towel dry, comb and leave it.
    - don't brush it more than you have too. Use a comb rather than a brush.
    - try Moroccan oil to smooth it down - you only need a tiny bit but it makes it shiny and lovely!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Try Alterna Hemp Straight twice a week.