Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dinner for less than a dollar?

Normally when I get to only a few dollars to last me the week I bring my dinner to work but tonight I forgot and ended up eating junk. I was wondering if anyone had some healthy tips for a nutritious dinner for under a dollar that you can buy at the store and just heat up or eat as is. I know with prices so high this is basically impossible. Most things are $2 or more that I have seen other than fruit and that doesn't always fill me up when I've been running all over at work.

My main issue is trying to eat right for dirt cheap and work is where I tend to eat the most since I spend the majority of my day there. So if anyone could please help me I'd appreciate it a lot!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    That's not an easy one, and without knowing what the costs are where you live - almost impossible.

But, if I was looking for a cheap and easy dinner that didn't need much prep, I'd probably look for the biggest sweet potato I could get for a dollar and cook it in the microwave at work (if you have one). That is going to give you some nutrition and a reasonable bit of energy for you $1. With a bit more to spend, I'd add a mini tin of tuna and some salad or veggies to make it a more rounded meal.

Cheap things that you can prep at home include rice and beans, or rice and dalh, or pasta with tuna, tomato sauce and frozen veggies.
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    Thanks! I knew this would be a tough one to tackle. I may have to change the type of potato and try your suggestion next time I forget my dinner. :)