Shirataki noodle recipes

Options
marywilsoncline
marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
Hi, I finally found shirataki noodles today at one of my local grocery stores. They are very bland by themselves so I was wondering if anyone out there had a good recipe or ways to use them?:ohwell:

Replies

• echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can google beef sukiyaki...I think it would be yummy in that (substitute the noodles).
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hungry-girl.com has a bunch
    or she has a few cookbooks

I can't eat them the texture does not agree with my palate. But I do not several people who do like them.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I finally found then a week ago as well at my local grocery store.
    I have just introduced them to my simple chicken sauté with veggies.
    Basically they are noodles that replaces normal spaghettis. Add italian sauce, garlic butter and chicken... whatever you feel like!
    My next "recipe" i'll try will be:

Smoked salmon
    Capers
    Olive oil
    Garlic
    Salt, pepper
    Aneth
    And probably a lil Parmesan!

Edited to: change a word I mistyped
  • douglerner
    douglerner Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    One piece of advice about all kon'yaku, including shirataki. If you overindulge you will feel so uncomfortably full you'll never want to try them again.

So I would say stick to small portions and use some simple sauces. Miso is good on them.

doug
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    They are bland themselves but they soak up flavor very well. I like to soak mine in a teriyaki marinade before I use them in a stir fry. I find they're quite flavorful after soaking a bit, goodluck
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Still can't find them at my local grocery store. I live in North Carolina. Does anyone know where I could find them? Would love to try this!
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Still can't find them at my local grocery store. I live in North Carolina. Does anyone know where I could find them? Would love to try this!

My grocery store doesn't carry it but my health food stores do, have you looked there? They are refrigerated.
  • BiggestL0s3r
    Options
    I only eat them when I already went over my calories, yet am still hungry.
    If you want an extremely low cal yet filling dinner, try them with some tomato sauce.
    Or try adding them to some stir fried veggies. It's like a stir-fry minus the calories.
  • maraut1
    maraut1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I cooked shirataki noodles with onion, garlic, red bell peppers, broccoli and shrimp. I then added sesame oil , cracked pepper and soy sauce...yummy
  • starrygirl82
    Options

My grocery store doesn't carry it but my health food stores do, have you looked there? They are refrigerated.

Duh! I haven't even thought to look there. There is one that's probably an hour away, but definitely worth going there to take a look. Thanks!!! :)
  • Happygirl50
    Happygirl50 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just made them for the first time, stir fried mushrooms, onions and garlic with pam spray,drained and rinced the noodles the threw them in the stir fry and added pasta sauce heated at then added meatless meatballs it was very good!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes and tips everyone. Its very bland by itself and thats how I tried them last night and almost got sick b/c my tummy could'nt handle the blandness.:sick:
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options

Duh! I haven't even thought to look there. There is one that's probably an hour away, but definitely worth going there to take a look. Thanks!!! :)
    No problem! I went through hell trying to find coconut flour the other day even went 30 min out to health food store and the one 5 min away has it -___- hope you find it
  • starrygirl82
    Options

No problem! I went through hell trying to find coconut flour the other day even went 30 min out to health food store and the one 5 min away has it -___- hope you find it

I googled health food stores and seriously found one that is 10 minutes away! Thanks again!!
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking them with soy sauce and peppers which hasn't been too bad...going to try something with more flavour next time i get some
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also make a stir fry...throw in some veggies and maybe a protein...and I've been using either a thai chili sauce or a thai peanut sauce (both made by kikkoman). As long as you monitor how much sauce you put in...the calorie and sodium levels aren't too bad!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The simplest thing I do with them (I do lots of things) is: pesto and gorgonzola. YUM.

Otherwise, any recipe you'd use noodles or rice for works!
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Here's a Korean Veggie/Beef dish...came out yummy!!

Here's the recipe (you can substitute agave nectar with sugar if you want).

Ingredients:

4 bags of the shirataki noodles (found at Whole Foods or other asian markets (near the tofu section usually)
    1/2 a pound of sukiyaki meat (or similar)...thin slices of beef
    1 bunch of spinach
    1 medium size carrot (julienned)
    1 medium size onion (sliced thinly)
    Sliced mushrooms (2/3 of a cup)
    3 cloves of garlic
    7-8 green onions (cut into 2 inches in length)
    soy sauce, sesame oil, agave nectar, pepper, and sesame seeds

Makes 4-6 servings.

Rinse the noodles under cold water thoroughly in a colander. Boil water in a big pot with a little salt and add the noodles when the water boils for about 3 minutes. Drain the noodles again in cold water and cut them about 3-4 inches (can use scissors or knife). Set aside in a big bowl.
    In another pot of boiling water, add a bunch of spinach and stir it gently for 1 minute. Then take it out and rinse it in cold water 3 times. Remove any grit or dead leaves thoroughly while rinsing. Squeeze it gently to get the water out, then cut it into 2-3 inch pieces.
    On a heated pan, put a table spoon of olive oil and cook the onions until translucent...add garlic and then add the beef. Also add 2 tablespoons of soysauce, teaspoon of sesame oil, and a little agave nectar (about 2 teaspoons).
    Once it all cooks, put the meat and onions into the big bowl with the noodles.
    Go back to the pan and add the carrots, mushrooms, green onions and cook for about 2 minutes with a little olive oil. After put it into the big bowl, including the spinach.
    Add 2 tbs of soy sauce, 2-3 tbs of agave nectar, 2 teaspoon of sesame oil, and 1 tsp of ground pepper to the large bowl. Mix all ingredients, then sprinkle 1 tbs of toasted sesame seeds on the top. Taste as you go along...you might want to add more agave nectar or soy sauce depending on your taste.
    That's it! Hope you guys like it. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Another super easy one, if you like kimchi:

shiratki noodles, warmed, with kimchi on top.

fab-u-lous
  • vickisamblanet
    vickisamblanet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree it's like eating rubber fishing worms!!!!!:laugh: :wink: :laugh: