The Power of NSV's !

Options
I posted this in my blog earlier this weekend but wanted to share it with a larger audience so I chose to posts it here as well ...

The Power of NSV'S !
I started getting serious about changing my lifestyle near the end of June. I've been living with anxiety and panic disorder since about age 19. Over the years I have learned numerous way to control it without medication ( which are actually way more effective that any med) . Recently I could feel anxiety working it way back in to my life and it was getting increasingly worse. I was starting to avoid triggers and it was impacting my life. Since exercise is the number One most effective tool to combat anxiety I knew I would need find a way to push myself into moving my *kitten*!
So I hired a trainer! She set me up on MFP and I work with her twice a week . In addition to my training sessions . I started the C25k program and now run/ walk 3x a week. prior to hiring a trainer I had resumed my passion ballroom dancing and have been taking private lessons since March. My goal is to eventually start competing again ! I haven't danced much in the last two years due to some very tough times and the last completion I participated in was in March of 2010. Im having to regain all my lost strength and muscle mass to get back to my prior levels.
In the last four weeks since this process began I have not lost very much weight but I am in no way discouraged because I didn't start this to lose weight . That will just be a bonus . 
In the last 4 weeks I've experienced the following list of changes:
100% reduction in anxiety symptoms ! I went from not wanting to leave the house , having panic attacks , avoiding triggers, stress induced muscle tension, and a multitude of other symptoms. To relaxed, calm , no panic attacks , I can't wait to leave the house to go do things, stress induced tension and all other related symptoms GONE! 
My confidence has increased dramatically ! Before I wanted to hide from the world I didn't want people to notice or see me . I hid my body with my cloths and body language .Now I feel more confident about my how I look in my clothes!
I used to look at the ground and avoid eye contact. Now I'm looking people in the face instead of avoiding eye contact. I smile ALOT more! I would avoid talking to people and now I'm engaging them in conversation.
I feel more complete ! I don't feel like something important is missing from my life! I feel satisfied and content!
I feel stronger. It's easier for me to move, walk , lift , climb. I stand more up right I've probably gained some height due to better posture. I don't get winded as easily my cardiovascular endurance has significantly increased !
Definition has returned to my legs ,arms,back and butt! I've lost a cup size in my bust . I tend to carry most of my weight in my mid section ..now I can see the curves of my waist again a few weeks ago it bulged on the sides and today I have visible curves. My face is slimmer and my cheeks bones are visible again. 
My clothes are fitting loosely when only afew weeks ago they were tight. I had to move the clasps of my bra in a notch and tighten my straps.
And last but not least ! I can wear my wedding ring again! When afew weeks ago it was too tight to get put on !
All this and only a two pound loss! Ill take all those instead of lbs lost anyday ! Jut proves that the number on the scale doesn't prove much ! I really about the NSV'S ! Those are what this is all about!  

Replies

• Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wonder NSV's!! Thank you for sharing!!:flowerforyou:
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Thanks Reese ! I just had to share for me it's a big deal!